What's new

Brothers and Sisters season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But I think Sarah is entitled to shared custody of the 2 children, plus she'll be the one doling out the child support because Joe doesn't make much money (while Sarah can make 5x of what Joe can pull down). That's the fair thing in this case. But Joe wants primary (full) custody of the 2 children once the divorce is finalized, and I can't see Sarah giving into that situation, at least not willingly.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

1. Joe and Sarah both decided that she would work and he would stay home since she makes much more money than him.

2. Sarah wants (and thought Joe did too) shared, not primary, custody. That seems fair to me.

I love scenes where the family is all together. They have a great dynamic. It makes me really miss my own family.

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
I think every mother and father is entitled to shared custody. Unfortunately, all too often, custody has become a war to be fought. And the monetary stakes can be very high. In the state of Illinois, one child results in 20% of the non-custodial parent's net income as child support. It doesn't matter whether or not the custodial parent works or not. It doesn't matter if the money is spent on the child. But I digress.

I have to applaud Sarah. Even though she has her issues with Joe, she is very careful not to let the children know. And when her daughter overheard her argument with Joe, Sarah was quick to apologize. She truly seems to have the best interests of the children in mind.

In a better (not perfect, just better) world, all divorced parents would share parenting responsibilities equally. Custody should not be a battle to be won or lost.

I hope that this show helps people see the father's side. Even better, I hope it helps people see the children's side.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Paige's sudden departure from Sarah's home shine a light in Joe's direction, and he gives up temporary primary custody for temporary shared custoday of the children.

Kitty brings in a hired gun to do spin control the pregnancy and shotgun wedding, but all of that goes by the wayside when Kitty suffers an early miscarriage.

Justin is still hopped up on his painkillers, and can't resist Lena's flirtations, though Lena is flirting with some disaster of her own with Tommy.

Can't see how Kevin and Scotty living under one roof is going to make Kevin as chaste as he wants to be.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Patrick posted his reply at 8:18 pm on Sunday, so that meant the episode was on Sunday night. Does anyone know how many new episodes are left for this show. I was hopie the show will start expading more on the storylines for Steven Weber and Danny Glover characters. IMO, the storylines for the family members are getting a bit tiresome and predictable now.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I was disappointed that they didn't give Rebecca's storyline more air time, considering it's one of the arc storylines.

How will this affect the family, not to mention Rebecca's mother and the money she received in the will.

I loved Kevin's proposal to Scotty, although you know he'll be even more neurotic than before.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the deal to save the Walker business pretty much means Holly and Rebecca will be intertwined with the Walkers for some time to come.

Justin's reaction to Rebecca's revelation was so poorly written.

"I've the hots for you, but you're my half-sister."

"I'm not really your half-sister."

"You lied to me?!?!?! You are just like your devious mother!!!! Go away!!!"

Geez... way to make it all about you, Justin.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked how they resolved the story lines in the Season Finale.

The Committemt Ceremony was well done, Kevin didn't find a way to screw it up.

I'm glad they resolved the story with Justin and Rebecca. As the dialogue said, those two had some kind of connection.

And the business with Kitty trying to get pregnant, I gather they'll resolve that next season.

And the bomb shell, if you want to call it that, "There is another Walker" in fine Yoda speak. Makes sense, but I wasn't sure how that will connect to resolve the family business problem yet.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Here's hoping that Kevin and Scotty can be happy. Of course Kevin's a Walker so you know that's not going to happen.

Poor Scotty.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd crack up if Ryan's nickname was "Sky".

The Justin/Rebecca thing didn't need to be the final shot of the season. That's just going to be weird if it doesn't work out between them, and then Rebecca or Justin will feel really awkward when Rebecca comes by at Nora's behest.

Did anyone believe the casting of Jayne Brooks as Scotty's mom?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well, I loved the episode until the end where it looked like someone took over the script writing and took the show in to Bad Soap Opera territory. The Rebecca and Justin thing was a betrayal to the entire storyline that took place last season. Its like the writers decided to go in a completely different direction and the dialogue reflected that. Dumb. Just plain dumb.
And the Ryan thing? Why? Don't they have enough Walkers to write for already?

I did enjoy the commitment ceremony and I was hoping for a Happy ending with Scotty's Parents but that's they way a lot of people are in real life to it was true to biggots who dislike their children just because they are Gay. Maybe they will pick up that story next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks