What's new

Brothers and Sisters season 1 thread (2 Viewers)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought the characters were really unfairly nasty to their Mother when she wanted to come work for the Business. I mean come on.
Also when they were all bickering at the therapy session, well, that seemed a bit false to me. You think they would all be so out of control when they know their family member is in this hospital to get better? I think it was put their for humor but I saw it coming a mile a way.
Like who they picked for Kevin but I too would like to see Scotty back.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
From the previews of next week's episode, Jason Lewis is guest starring with Kevin questioning Jason Lewis's character's sexuality.

When Rob Lowe was first introduced, I though his character of Senator would have been a potential love interest for Kevin.

I wonder if the writers will hook up the senator's brother and Kevin.

As for Dan Futterman, imdb shows that he did appear in the unaired pilot of the show, which I hope will be included of the dvd box set.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kevin got used (for now).

Tom's grumpiness due to Julia's libido...I can't empathize with his situation. :)

I didn't really think Sarah and Joe's subplot was all that interesting...unless it turns into one of those "Little Children" escapades, but Joe seems too bland a character to pull it off.

Kitty getting set up with her date seemed a little forced in execution, then again, I don't sense a great deal of chemistry between them.

Nora finding a pal in the date would be a bit ironic.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I couldn't help by yell at the screen "You have morals!" when Kevin and Soap Man kissed.

I really didn't like Rob Lowe butting into the date. Maybe it's because I'm not a RL fan...but it seems just a bit arrogant to me.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I guess you could this "karma" for Kevin, and you would think he'd know better, especially from the cold shoulder he got from soap guy in the gym.

In an ironic twist of fate, this scenario hits a little too close to home, in a roundabout way, but it's kind of comforting to see it played out on tv;)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I, too, have been somewhat in Kevin's shoes... weirdly progressive but interesting to see something actually relevant to my life play out after years of seeing every permutation of straight relationships played to death on TV.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had to laugh at Nora getting arrested for smoking pot with the Margot Kidder character on Valentine's Day.

Kevin's left empty-handed for his dalliance with Scotty.

Kitty's personality gets the attention of the billionaire that Robert was hoping to enlist financial support from for his run for the White House.

Holly tugs on Tommy's ambition to get support to the winery. Sarah was not happy about Holly's machinations.

Justin gets rewarded for laying it all out on the line with Tyler (in the midst of her Valentine's Date with some other dude). His niece will have a good story to tell of true love one day.

Anyone find it odd that Berlanti and company named the Rob Lowe character Robert McCallister since there's the same character name in Berlanti's failed series "Jack & Bobby"?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Only Kevin could screw over his love life 5 ways from Sunday in all of 30 seconds.

Rebecca Harper/Walker is on tap for next week's shocking ep. According to the Ask Ausiello, her character will be recurring in the remaining episodes this season

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm really starting to hate Holly. She knew damn well what was going to happen if she talked to Tommy. She knew she'd be pitting Sarah and Tommy against one another. She lied through her teeth to Saul. She never tried to make amends for what she said. Coniving little slut.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That phone tree at the beginning was brilliant and really showed off the dynamics of the family. I'm starting to love this show. A fantastic cast with great chemistry doesn't hurt and I believe the writing has improved quite a bit from the beginning of the season.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Loved the Kevin and Scotty scenes. Ashame he went away again. I was surprised, but it appeared that the Soap guy really did care for Kevin. I thought he was just using him at first.

Also enjoyed the Nora pot scenes with Margot Kidder. Nora does need a life and she needs some friends with it.
I took what Holly did is just trying to pass on a message to Tommy from is Father.
I'm really enjoying this show!!

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Should interesting how the writers play out the rift between Kevin and Chad.

Classic...regardless of gender.

I want you when I need you, but no one else can have you.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hooray! The Half-Walker sibling has arrived. It was good to see Emily VanCamp on TV again.

Kevin is a schmuck, he deserves whatever misery is coming his way.

Justin and Kitty are cute together when they bicker in their own special way.

I would have pegged Kitty's approval numbers in the high 20's.

Will Tommy regret joining with Holly in the wine business.

Sarah is getting emotionally pounded on 2 fronts (marriage and business). She looked pretty rough in the shrink's lair.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Why does it seem that Sarah is always crying or on the verge of crying? I love Rachael Griffiths, but Sarah is perhaps the most emotionally unhinged character on the show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think I've seen every episode so far of this series. But did I black out and miss how Tommy's wife got pregnant? I thought Tommy was shooting blanks?

I saw the show where they announce they were pregnant. Did they get help?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Yeah, it was in the "cabin" episode. Essentially, as far as I understand it, Tommy asked Kevin to be the father and Justin was very upset. So they took samples from both Kevin and Justin, impregnated the wife and whichever one took hold, great.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sarah and Holly - good fireworks.

I also liked Justin and Rebecca's scene together at the end.

Why is Kevin so dumb at times in his personal life?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks