What's new

brotherhood of the wolf region 1 dvd???? (1 Viewer)

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
The Digital Bits has the region 1 cover art up from Universal and it is... AWFUL:
BOTWdvd.jpg

Now why couldn't they adapt the awesome art from the theatrical poster?
BOTWposter.jpg

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The best poster design is the UK Double Crown poster, which you can see in the film's IMDb entry. That's a very smart image, and one that would make an awsome DVD sleeve.

Incidentally, I would have posted the image here, but couldn't find a way of saving it. (If anyone wants to tell me how it can be done, I'd be happy to receive an email!)

Richard WWW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the info. I've been dying to see this thing on dvd since the first time I saw it in the theaters. Christophe Gans is a god!

I read in an interview with Mark Decascos that Gans filmed nearly three times the fight footage that we saw in the first fight sequence. The part with Decascose that we saw in the theater, plus Le Bihan taking a turn at them, plus the two heroes fighting the soldiers together. Does anyone know if we'll be able to see ALL (or at least more) of this footage in deleted scenes?? Pardon me while I wipe the drool from my chin...

Richard WWW

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I have never seen anything by Gans other than Brotherhood. But it was wonderfully gaudy and completely unpredictable. Why can't americans (with the possible exception of the Wachowski bros.) make films that are that much fun?

I looked for Crying Freeman, but have not found it at local video stores. I've considered finding it online, but I hate to buy something sight unseen. If I'm not going to watch it a hundred times, I'm not interested in buying it. And actually, I don't believe that Crying Freeman was ever released in the States.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Just saw Brotherhood of the Wolf for the first time tonight. I missed it in the theaters; although I am a fan of Marc Dacascos (Drive, Crying Freeman, even China Strike Force).

I personally didn't like this movie. Too long and drawn out and sloppy edition IMHO.

I watched the Universal DVD (not the Canadian one everyone is hyping). The transfer on this was decent, maybe a little washed out. The sound mix was pretty intense. The most intense I've experienced in a long long time! You could feel every blow.

I am glad I was able to watch this before deciding whether or not to get the Canadian 3-Disc (it was either the 3-disc or nothing). I am chosing nothing.

The disc I had was dubbed, and again one of the best dubs I've ever experience as well.

My $0.02. I really wanted to enjoy this movie; but if I was going to watch a 2 hour and 28 minutes movie again... it would be Lord of The Rings...

:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Just edit your post and replace the text with "Moderator please delete"

Regarding subtitles on the bonus materials, I'm not sure what will happen there. It costs an awful lot of money to subtitle something and a small Canadian studio may not be able to foot the bill. I learned this when I asked about Seville's upcoming Vidocq which has the majority of the features from the R2 disc but without subtitles.
Subtitles don't cost very much either. Seville was just being lazy is more likely.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Just edit your post and replace the text with "Moderator please delete"

not surprising...wasnt Iron Monkey available in DVD overseas when it was released in the theater here in the states?!
Yes, because the movie was about 10 years old. At least it wasn't dubbed

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
There are now some more extras listed at the BBFC for the UK release from Universal

Interviews 48 min

Documentary 78 min

Both are listed as French with English subtitles.

With 183 min of extras so far rated for the UK version it does look as if Universal will now be releasing a 2 disk version in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks