brotherhood of the wolf region 1 dvd????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

I put this question up on another forum, I was just wondering if anybody here had heard of a possible street date for the movie? I was told it was rumored for june, does anybody else have any dates for the release. I am hoping that we get a version that is equal to the region 3 or 4 disk, that had all the extra's.

Can't wait for this movie to come out!!

Thanks

R~

2. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I am looking forward to this release too, but really doubt we'll get the same 3 disc release that france got. We can hope though! [​IMG]
    Gregory

3. Kelly V

Kelly V Stunt Coordinator

Really! What is going on with this title? I keep hearing rumors, but never get any resolution. I am a retailer and our title inventory people are usually great about getting the titles listed in our inventory program when they get Street set. As of this afternoon, they still have not added BOTW to our database. I'm guessing this means that the news is not good.
    There has to be someone out there who can tell us what's going on with the DVD plans. Please!
    I have been dangling this title in front of friends and customers for two months and now that I've gotten everyone hot to buy it - no DVD! I am one of a pitiful handful of people in St Louis who saw it in the theater. As a result, I feel like the soccer mom who can't get her kid off of the bench. It's biologically imperative that I get this to play![​IMG]

4. Pierre Gagne

Pierre Gagne Agent

According to dvdenfrancais.com (the 4th of June release news), there will be a release for the canadian market (TVA International) and one for the US market (Universal) in October. The canadian release will come in 2 versions : the standard (1 disc) and the SE (3 discs). It seems that the SE will replicate most of the features found on the French Zone 2 DVD. Audio tracks will be French (DD/DTS) and English dub (in DD) as confirmed in the website's 10th of June release news.

Pierre

5. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

Can anybody please confirm whether or not the Canadian SE will have English subtitles on the French soundtrack?

6. Paul Cruz

Paul Cruz Auditioning

I emailed universal and they said there hasn't been a release date issued for this title.

7. Pierre Gagne

Pierre Gagne Agent

I must say that dvdenfrancais.com did mention that no release date has been set. But October was likely a strong possibility and they were pointing out that TVA International would have to synchronize their release date with Universal. They also said that since the canadian release (TVA) is destined for both the french and english speaking consumers across Canada, every supplement will be subtitled in english (one might assume that the main feature will be as well, even is it has an english dub track).

Pierre

8. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

AAAHHHHHHHHH

That just sucks, october, good god, we have movies that hit the theaters, and two months later are out on disk....

Oh well, at least my wallet can take a break for a little bit anyways...

Thanks for the info...

R~

9. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

10. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    I've heard much the same as rumored. I'll be getting that Canadian version for sure. Glad they are R1!

11. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

12. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

13. James D

James D Second Unit

CDNow has it up for preorder for $18.89-street date is October 1st.[​IMG]

14. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

DVD File has the specs (basically, bare bones) and a godawful cover design. At least it has a French track. I hope the Canadian release isn't a repeat of Amelie (no English subs on the extras). Perhaps the R2 UK version also due in October might be better featured.

15. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

16. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

17. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

If TVA manage to subtitle those extra-long docos featured on the 3-disc French set, they may be pleasantly surprised at the number of copies they sell to fans in the States and overseas. If any issue could benefit from (a.) an online petition, or (b.) an email address where folks could write to request that the extras be subbed, this one is it.

18. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

The UK version will have deleted scenes and cast and crew interviews (with English subtitles).

19. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

20. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Ugh, what a crappy US release. Here's hoping TVA does something great. I'll definately import from .ca if it's got english subtitles.