What's new

Broken RCA pin on Servo-15 (1 Viewer)

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know how to easily retrieve a broken RCA pin that is snapped-off (flush) on my Sub-in jack on my Servo-15? My wife was moving my sub, while I was out of town on business, last week. I just discovered this and I'm pissed. Do I have to remove the amp panel, and if I do am I able to push the broken pin out from the other side? Help!!!

Ken

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
Sorry to hear that, man!
I would try and remove it from behind first, if there is access to stick something small to push it out with. Please be careful!!!! I don't know what electrical precautions you need to take beyond unplugging it.

Otherwise, befriend your dentist. If I couldn't get it out from behind, I'd drill a tiny hole into the center of the pin, thread a tiny screw, and try pulling it out.

Or, just have the RCA jack replaced. Good luck.

My wife = broken sub

Hey man take this and run with it.
HONEY it can't be fixed. Now I have to buy a new one.:D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Either pick up a screw extraction tool set at a local hardware or automotive shop, or carefully drill a hole and thread a screw in like Ryan said.

I'd unplug it and leave it unplugged for a while so the caps can drop their charge before working on it.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit

That's brave! What if she said, "Too bad. Guess you're not using a sub for while"? And then next day you get it fixed and have it up and running again.

"But I thought you said it couldn't be fixed?"
"Uh......."

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator
It really should not be that hard to remove. Use a long small screw, threading it into the broken pin. Once you get a bite, pull it out. You should be able to get it out far enough to use needle nose pliers to get it the rest of the way out.

dave2zz

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave King
I know this is a 5 year old thread, but in my recent Google search on how to fix this, well this thread was like number one (With a bit of a difficult solution).
******SO FOR EVERYONE WHO STILL HAS THIS PROBLEM HERE IS A QUICK AND EASY SOLUTION******

Removing Broken Pin from an RCA Jack I recieved a free, working TV the other day. The only problem with it was the pin from an RCA video cable had broken off inside the socket. I didn't want to spend money on an RF modulator for my DVD Player, so I figured out a pretty solid way of getting the pin out.
1.) Find a needle
2.) On a hard surface, bend the very tip of the needle slightly so that it forms a tiny barb.
3.) heat the tip of the needle with a lighter until it glows red hot.
4.) stick the needle into the plastic core of the broken RCA pin
5.) wait a few seconds for it to cool
6.) pull the needle out, and the broken tip should follow!

Also this did work for me I used it on an RCA Wall Jack.

This was not my idea, original solution came from this website link! Giving credit where credit is due.

http://www.instructables.com/community/Removing-Broken-Pin-from-an-RCA-Jack/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks