What's new

Brokeback Mountain 4/4 (see post #94) (1 Viewer)

RafaelB

Second Unit
I think a great bonus to have on the DVD is to include the short story in some published form with the film, since i think it's one of the most faithful book-to-film translations I've ever seen.

And an McMurtry/Proulx commentary doesn't sound too bad either. ;o)

Rafael.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm all for the original short story, but I'm going to get a little picky. I don't want something I need to put into my computer or read teeny tiny text on the screen. Maybe as an insert or something along those lines?

I'm definately looking forward to at least 2 commentaries: McMurtry and Proulx AND Ang Lee, Heath and Jake.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I totally agree, Jason. I think the short story should be presented in a bound form, not an electronic version. I still ike curling up with a good book (it's so much easier than with a PC). :D

Rafael.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
There's already a printing of the story available that includes the film screenplay and a few essays from the screenwriters and Annie Proulx as well I believe.

"Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay", it's about $11 on Amazon.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
The Criterion edition of The Blob included a vintage movie poster. It sure would be great if, by some miracle, a small poster or theatrical release placard was included in the keepcase.

BTW, I think this is the first time I haven't been worried about the "big heads" on the cover of the keepcase syndrome! Since the advertising for Brokeback is essentially Jake and Heath is it possible to get the artwork wrong?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
(Admin note - snide remarks removed, no need to fan the flames.)

Can't wait to get this on DVD but I think they could use a couple more months of theatre boxoffice. Maybe they had planned to release it before it started doing well?

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
FROM THE DIGITAL BITS....

We've got one last bit of release news for you today (and this is Rumor Mill-worthy, so salt to taste accordingly)... our industry sources are telling us that Universal plans to release Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain on 4/4. We also expect Dreamworks (via Paramount) to bow Steven Spielberg's Munich on 5/9.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Very smart move on Universal's part to move it back a month to capitalize on the Oscars it will no doubt accumulate.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
With all the comic books that comes with DVD's these days it would be wonderful if Focus/Universal included the short stories of "Brokeback Mountain" with the DVD in paper form. Release a single disc release in widescreen and full screen and a 2 Disc Edition with all the works, including the short stories. This is my favorite movie of the year (or last year) and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a truly 2 Disc Special Edition

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
That's a great idea. I will shell out for as elaborate a set as they will throw at me. It was my favorite movie of the year as well, and I would love to see something special.

Just PLEASE OH PLEASE do not make this a double dip!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
The film is so remarkable I would hope there will be a 'Special Edition' of note. Hopefully a SE will be released on the same date and not later on like they did with "Eternal Sunshine...".

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
According to the Rumor Bill over at The Bits, Universal is expected to announce BBM for you guessed it, April 4th. :)

Hopefully, it'll be a loaded 2-disc set, not a barebones release with a 2-disc set later.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Dude, I posted the exact same info the post before yours and almost two weeks ago, to boot. :)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Yea, I know Dave, but for some reason TDB posted the exact same thing in the Rumor Mill yesterday, so I felt I needed to add some redundancy to this too. :D

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Well, 3 weeks later & still no announcement!!

Anyone know any inside info on when it might be coming out yet?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Since the Oscars are only 9 days away, the announcement is probably going to be made sometime after the ceremony, probably after the film leaves theaters. Depending on what kind of B.O. boost it receives, the announcement could come anywhere from shortly after to a month later, which would mean a delay for the DVD.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I definately think post Oscar performance of BBM will determine the DVD release date. Even April 4th seems too soon to me. My guess is May earliest, and I would imagine a 'Special Edition' will not hit stores until later this year. Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks