What's new

Brisco County Jr. on DVD (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
from Darkhorizons.com
Bruce Campbell Stuff: 'Paul' just got back from a book signing for this acting god's autobiography and got to ask 'Ash' himself some questions - Campbell basically just confirmed some old stuff:
"I asked if there was going to be an "Evil Dead 4" or "Army of Darkness 2" and he responded by saying "It's been 10 years, and sure, we would do it, if presented to us, but the studio heads wouldn't want to wait 10 years to see any type of profit from it, so I don't think it's going to happen". He also said that there is talks for an "Evil Dead 2" video game and he was considering doing the voices. Last, but certainly not least, Bruce said that next year there is going to be an issue of the entire run of "Brisco County Jr" on both VHS and DVD!!!!!! That's the good news, the bad news is that there will not be an audio commentary for the DVD's, since the DVD will be copied from the tape".

I can deal with no extras, but whats with it being copied from the tape?
I would think that it would hurt the video quality a bit.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Very NICE!
I've just finished Mr. Campbell's book "If Chins Could Kill - Confessions of a 'B' movie actor".
I liked him before, but I've gained a new respect for him for sticking to his dream!
I'm looking forward to seeing Brisco & Company and their many adventures!
...sure wish TNT would bring the gang back for an ocassional TV movie!
Spence

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I also have just finished his book and feel the same. I am glad that this will be coming to DVD, even though I only saw one episode... ever. Reading his book made me very interested in in BCJ and Hercules/Xena.
"Good. Bad. I'm the one with the gun."
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
"I can deal with no extras, but whats with it being copied from the tape?
I would think that it would hurt the video quality a bit."
I don't think that's what Bruce meant. I think he meant that content wise the DVD would be the same as the tape.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Just saw him at a book signing last night... He said that "Brisco" would be coming out on "video" via Columbia House soon, and that (paraphrasing) "he really wished they would come out on DVD; the commentary would be the best part".
So it looks like no DVD for now, I'm afraid, though I'd be happy to have misinterpreted what he said.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really hope that the dvd's become a reality, it's worth the price of purchase alone just to see Kelly Rutherford all scantly!
yum.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks