Brisco County Jr. Complete Series - $22.14 at deepdiscount.com

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Brandon Conway, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
  2. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Yeah, that's a great deal. SRL $99.99!!! I ordered mine on the 7th. Where have you been!!! [​IMG]

Naw, I just happened to notice it was the #1 seller on DD last week and jumped on it. It'll be backordered most likely when people order (mine was).

3. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Sweet, I've been waiting with baited breath for a good deal on this!

Not even the 20% off made it in my price range, but I never expected it this cheap, considering how many episodes it is.

I was thinking about it today too. I just cracked open my Jack of All Trades set I got super-cheap during the 20% off sale!

Thanks for the heads up!

4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I'm dying to get Jack of All Trades. I didn't give it enough of a chance when it originally aired. I don't think anyone would be bugged if you posted a short opinion on that here.

Btw, good things really do come to those who wait. I equate Brisco with Buck Rogers now. Both those were overpriced originally and dropped to about $20 each eventually. Great deal! Both fun shows.

5. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Jack of All Trades is so cheesy and warped that it's great. More Bruce Campbell one-liners per minute than any other venue.

Example from Episode II:

"He's a guy, the only honor he's interested in is JUMPING ... honor."

Also mixes a lot of contemporary terminology (and technology) with the period, moreso than Herc or Xena did. (Also a Sam Raimi production.)

And the opening theme and Bruce Campbell's face as he marches playing that drum makes me laugh every time. The episodes were only half an hour, so just when it starts to overflow it's done.

But with Bruce Campbell as the swashbuckling Daring Dragoon (imagine Zorro with cheesier one-liners and brighter colors) and his horse Nutcracker (for reasons made obvious), how can you go wrong?

"In 1801, the Revolution had been won, and Uncle Sam's favorite son had a job he needed done...

Which brought Jack to a lady, both beautiful and smart, who found his fix intriguing...A SCOUNDREL WITH A HEART!"

Need I say more?

6. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I forgot all about Jack being short. I felt like I was getting short changed since Xerc and Xena were twice as long. [​IMG] I won't have a problem with that now. Btw, I'm a huge Xena/Herc fan. I own all those DVDs of both series, thank God. Jack belongs beside them. I really crave that one.

Funny, I'm craving Jack so much I also crave a few that I also don't have yet. The Black Adder and Ripping Yarns. I'll most likely buy all of those at the same time. They have a few Ripping Yarns on youtube and they are way funnier than I remember. I guess it's the adventure feel of all of these. Black Adder is definitely a classic. I love that first season. Very much a Jack of all Trades feel.

7. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

GREAT PRICE! I can't believe that price. Jumped all over this one yesterday. Love Brisco. [​IMG]

8. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Note the price increase to $24.99! Since they've had time to fix this mistake, I must conclude it's not a mistake and is probably a promotional item.

9. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I observed it drop back to $22.14 from $24.99. Now it's back up!!

Yep...I've been checking dd evey 5 minutes for the passed 2 weeks. [​IMG]