What's new

Bridge-able amps and tri-mode? (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
1. Do all bridge-able amps support the cheater tri-mode where you can place your subwoofer between the bridge while running your satalites as two channel?

2. Can you give me a list of some really small footprint powerful amps that have this feature and speaker level inputs?

Adam R

Auditioning
1. I don't see why they wouldn't, the amp could care less what you have attached as long as you aren't trying to draw more current than it can handle. So as long as your sub is a minimum of 4ohm, your speakers are a minimum of 2ohm, and you have a passive crossover to split the signal between the sub and the mids it should be fine.

2. How powerful is powerful and how much do you have to spend? As far as the power/size ratio goes, Linear Power wins IMO. They aren't exactly cheap and you'd have to find them used, but they're some of the best amps there are. Not many of them have speaker level inputs, but you could just use a LOC and that's not a problem anymore.

Denton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Denton
The lack of adjustability (i.e. crossover point, slope, and level) makes tri-mode a curiosity at best. Spend a couple of dollars more and buy a 4 channel amp with a built-in crossover, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks