What's new

BRIDESHEAD REVISITED problems (1 Viewer)

FredCampbell

Agent
Like a lot of people, I was overjoyed to find BRIDESHEAD REVISITED on dvd. But, I am now very frustrated with the set. The first one I purchased was defective, with the picture pixelating and freezing at the layer change on disc one. I received a replacement set, and I have just experienced the same problem on disc three, next-to-last episode.
I have played both sets on my Pioneer 414 and double checked the defects on my computer. Same results.
Has any one else experienced problems with this set?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I have gone through the entire set except for the very last episode and have experienced no problems at all on my Sony changer. Maybe it's a bad batch of discs - where did you buy them?

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
Usually when this happens, and it happens to me frequently, I have gotten my fingerprints on the DVD. Check it out, wipe off the fingerprints and try it again.

My copy of Brideshead Revisited is fine.

FredCampbell

Agent
Neil,

Thanks for the idea. I've had that happen to me on various discs, as well. In the case of Brideshead Revisited, I found no fingerprints, and the problem persisted even after I cleaned the disc.
I think that the same defect happening at the layer change on both discs might have something to do with it.
While I'm on the topic, I should point out that Direct Video has been most cooperative in this matter. All of the good things I heard about their customer service has turned out to be true.

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
If you think it is at the layer change, I will check it out for you. (1) Which disc is it on? (2) Which chapter and what is the exact (as close as possible) time?

Since my DVD player displays "SEARCH" at layer changes, perhaps I can help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks