What's new

Bret Hart DVD? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Is this released yet? According to future shop's site it is but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody have any info?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Yes released yesterday.

I have seen it at WM here in VA.

I ordered mine from DDD yesterday using their 20% off coupon and got it for about $15 shipped.

Greg

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I guess I'm not in much of a rush since it is a xmas gift anyways. Hopefully I'll be able to find it soon (I already found the Road Warriors and Jake Roberts sets)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ocean that is probably the reason. I would have thought we would get it the same time or earlier since Bret like like a God here :p

Rian

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I got the Bret Hart DVD yesterday at Future Shop. Does anyone else who got the DVD have problems with keeping the third disc on? I think there's a definite problem with the case as when I opened up the package disc 3 was on top of disc 2 and can't go back on.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised to hear that a Canadian got it. I was sure that it would come out on November 22, because WWE has been advertising Bret doing a DVD signing in Toronto on November 30. I figured he wanted to do one within a week of the DVD coming out in Canada. But maybe it's scheduled when it is just so he can do some signings in the U.S. first.

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
Can anyone with the DVD confirm if the full, uncut Intercontinental match between Bret and the British Bulldog at SummerSlam '92 is on the DVD?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

When I opened up my set yesterday, Disc 2 was a "floater". The good news is that the packages was sealed so tightly that the disc wasn't able to move around much and didn't suffer any damage. The tray holds the disc just fine though - no problems here.

I bought mine at Coconuts and it came packaged with a WWE "skull cap".

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Amazon.ca lists it as the 22 as well in Canada. That said, it's not unusual to see WWE discs on the shelves early. "Tonmbstone" was at HMV 2 weeks before Future SHop.

I haven't seen this yet on the shelves. Can anyone comment on just how much Stampede Wrestling footage is shown? Seriously, they could of done a 3 DVD set of just Brett in Stampede and it would of been great! STAMPEDE FOREVER!

KARACHI VICE!

:D

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah I was told this morning that it would be the 22nd by 3 different stores. It appears they had 2 listings for the DVD and they were unsure which date it was actually gonna be out.

Does anybody have a list of the DVDs WWE has put out that covers the 80-early 90's?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
This set has complete intros and matches right? No edits?

All the matches are complete. But some of the matches don't have the intro,and start the ringing of the bell. Of course all references to the word "WWF" has been edited out, and on the Saturday Night Main Event 4/28/90 Hart Foundation vs Rockers match, Jessie Ventura's commentary has been edited out.

Also, Bret Hart vs Bam Bam Bigelow match from Barcelona has spanish commentating.

And a Bret Hart vs Ted DiBiase match from a 1989 episode of Wrestling Challenge, has the play by play and commentating edited out, because the announcers were promoting Wrestlemania V during most of the match, and not focusing on that match. Very much like the Crockett Cup 1986 tape.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
On the Bret Hart / Curt Henning match from Summer Slam 1991 match, after the match, the screen says "Bret Hart, New WWF Intercontenital Champion." That is right, the initals WWF slipped through and made it on the DVD.

Rian

Stunt Coordinator

Could you put it back on though? The problem with mine is that it won't go back on at all. I'm thinking I should just go to Future Shop and ask what's going on.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I finally got around to watching the documentary last night. Am I the only one that feels like after all of the hoopla surrounding this release, it failed to live up to the hype?

What is included in this 2 hour, 10 minute documentary is quite solid - but they left a few things out like the whole Hart Foundation/Danny Davis storyline and the section about the infamous "screw job" was a let down. The documentary fails to adequately explain what happened other than Bret & Vince both agreeing that it was a result of a "lack of communication".

In all honesty, this segment of the documentary should have included portions of the Shawn Michaels interview from "WWE Confidential" (where he admitted to knowing about the controversial finish prior to the match) and the post-Survivor Series footage from the A&E documentary that Hart filmed (speaking of which - when will that be available on DVD?).

FrankHW

Agent
I'm still undecided whether the glazing over of Survivor Series 97 is a good thing or a bad thing. On the down side, the chapter in the documentary was so vague, if you didn't know the story you'd be completely clueless.

The flipside, of course, is that most people buying the set will be fans who are tired of hearing and/or reading about "Montreal.

I really loved the set, particularly some of the matches I'd never seen like Harts/Bees, and the bout with Ricky Steamboat. A few notably absent bouts are the 10-man from Canadian Stampede, his breakout SNME match with Randy Savage in 1987, and his excellent match with Roddy Piper at WM8...however, nothing to complain about.

The biggest relief is that both Bret and Vince set aside their egos to do a more complete retrospective on Bret's career, in contrast to the (admittedly hilarious) hack job done on the Warrior DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks