What's new

Breaking News: Paramount and Warner Bros. Announce Home Media Distribution Deal (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
trajan said:
What have we seen since this deal? I'm still waiting for--ORDINARY PEOPLE--RAGTIME---PLAY IT AGAIN SAM--CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD----YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES--DAY OF THE LOCUST--NOBODYS FOOL.
DRAGONSLAYER, please...

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Yeah, the titles that have been released are appeciated (and 90% of them have good-to-great A/V)...

...but it pales in comparison to, say, the rate at which Kino, Olive, and Shout! are distrubuting MGM titles, especially those of more recent years.

I'm still waiting for the Naked Gun sequels, Brain Donors, Top Secret!, The Parallax View, Explorers, and Black Sunday.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I know the WBShop is no longer owned by Warner Bros. but many of the Paramount titles released by the Warner Archive are no longer listed. These were titles original released by Paramount . Movies such as Miracle Of Morgan's Creek, The Naked Jungle ( Charlton and the ants!) and On A Clear Day You Can See Forever. All are available at Amazon. The non Warner Archive titles seem readily available such as the Warner / Paramount blu ray double feature of Casablanca and the African Queen. Its been a while since any new Paramount classics have been released. The original deal was for 3 years beginning January 2013 which would suggest it is over. I have not seen any press mentioning a renewal or extension . When MGM recently renewed its deal with Fox there was a press release about it. Anyway that is why I revived this thread to ask if anyone had heard of anything.

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I know the WBShop is no longer owned by Warner Bros. but many of the Paramount titles released by the Warner Archive are no longer listed. These were titles original released by Paramount . Movies such as Miracle Of Morgan's Creek, The Naked Jungle ( Charlton and the ants!) and On A Clear Day You Can See Forever. All are available at Amazon. The non Warner Archive titles seem readily available such as the Warner / Paramount blu ray double feature of Casablanca and the African Queen. Its been a while since any new Paramount classics have been released. The original deal was for 3 years beginning January 2013 which would suggest it is over. I have not seen any press mentioning a renewal or extension . When MGM recently renewed its deal with Fox there was a press release about it. Anyway that is why I revived this thread to ask if anyone had heard of anything.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember Mr. Lime on one of the Kino threads stating that the agreement was renewed this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks