Breaking In (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season 1 premiered on Fox last night.
Hulu had it in case you missed it: http://www.hulu.com/watch/229609/breaking-in-pilot

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The promos looked so terrible, I skipped it. It got ten million viewers, which isn't bad. I was more interested in Chaos, but missed it, can't get it to play on CBS.com and the ratings were so bad that I don't even know if they'll air any additional episodes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was hilarious. The whole cast sparks off one another really well. Loved Michael Rosenbaum as the psycho boyfriend. Even Slater was funny. If they dump "Traffic Light" and pair this with "Raising Hope", we'd be looking at a great hour of television.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The prankster pushed it too far and got under my skin. I was hoping that upon seeing his car upside down the newbie would go into full Kill Bill mode.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Adam Lenhardt said:
It's definitely absurdist humor. Every character except Bret Harrison's is a border-line psychopath.
Loved it. Shows that have one man character that is pretty normal surrounded by crazy works for me.
The pilot is free on iTunes.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Why is no one talking more about this show?? It's a freakin' riot lol.

I admit I didn't care for the pilot but each episode is getting better, and funnier, than the last and last nights was just a scream, especially Michael Rosenbaum, I've been waiting for someone to give him a comedy role because just from his commentary tracks on the Smallville DVD's I could tell he could be extremely funny.

I come from the 80's so I catch all the little pop culture references the show throws out there and they come fast and furious at times lol.

With Oz I think they should make it a running gag on the show that each season reveals something even more terrible than the last about his past lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Right now they're on pace where each episode reveals something more terrible (or at least more sketchy) about Oz. He's got a soft spot for Melanie and Cameron, but he's generally a total monster, albeit one who's trying to use his evil toward honest means. Probably the best role I've ever seen Christian Slater in.

Harrison and Slater anchor the show, which is how it should be, but Rosenbaum is a scream as Dutch. I was dying when he pulled up in the Prius in which he'd replaced the hybrid engine was a gas-guzzling hemi. And of course his transformation into Sloth. It's a shame that it only got a 7 episode order for this season. I hope it comes back in the fall. It'd make a nice hour block with "Raising Hope" on Tuesdays.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I think it's a pretty funny show, I hope it sticks around. Also, I was completely oblivious to the build up of the Sloth joke after Dutch got the swelling from the peanuts; my wife was like "I saw that coming". I just laughed at the Superman shirt b/c he was on Smallville.

Gary Goonie......lmao.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
When they were all at ComicCon and they were checking in, when it got to Dutch with the way he said "Check" I swear I thought I was gonna have an asthma attack from laughing! I must have rewound that five times lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Do you believe in miracles? Yes! Fox Gives Surprise Second Season 13-Episode Order to Breaking In
Odette Annable's shooting schedule for "House" was already designed to accommodate a potential "Breaking In" renewal. She'll be a series regular on both shows.
This was one of my surprise favorites from last season. Very high laughs per minute ratio compared to other comedies, an a terrific ensemble cast.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Breaking In" returns for its second season on March 6th. Unfortunately, they've inexplicably dumped Michael Rosenbaum and added Megan Mullally. Why Fox decided to get rid of the show's breakout character is completely beyond me.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Good news. I liked this show.
I didn't even realize it was coming back until I saw them shooting in the hallway of the office where I work.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I was surprised by this week's Indiana Jones episode guest starring Indiana Jones himself. I didn't even recognize him until I saw his name in the credits.
This show has some Community-style weirdness going for it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm still enjoying it too. The British blonde works better paired with Cash than she did as a forced replacement for Melanie with Cameron. Megan Mullally's character still isn't working for me, though, and I do wish they would go on missions again.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I keep forgetting when it's on -- thankfully the PVR series recording hasn't forgotten it yet!
Not sure if I like this season as much as last, though the opening credits are fantastic. I did prefer last season's full theme song.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks