What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
According to The Hollywood Reporter, AMC played hardball with Sony again, and this almost ended up with FX. Jeeeee-SUS, man.

I'd hope any cameos would be actor-cameos, and not character-cameos (like trying to pretend that Aaron Paul still looks 25 years old). It could be fun to see Cranston show up in some sort of role. Not sure what they'd do to make him look different; Walt pretty much ran the gamut of cheap ways to change your appearance (glasses, goatee, mustache, bald, beard, hat, hobo). So as far as cameos, I can be optimistic.Anyway, prequel-ness aside, I'm on board for a season. I like that Gilligan is invested in it enough to stick around. If it sucks, it doesn't have any impact on Breaking Bad, and if it's good, we have more awesome Vince Gilligan-stories in this little world.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
I'd hope any cameos would be actor-cameos, and not character-cameos (like trying to pretend that Aaron Paul still looks 25 years old). It could be fun to see Cranston show up in some sort of role. Not sure what they'd do to make him look different; Walt pretty much ran the gamut of cheap ways to change your appearance (glasses, goatee, mustache, bald, beard, hat, hobo). So as far as cameos, I can be optimistic.
I could be wrong but I assumed that the cameos would be something like Jesse standing in the background at a taco stand behind Saul or Walt absentmindedly walking into Saul as he exits a convenience store. They could bring in characters like Skinny Pete (I don' think they ever met each other so having them meet before BB doesn't mess with continuity) or first season character Emilio (I think he's how Jesse knew about Saul).

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Michael McKean gets cast on Better Call Saul, because why the hell not? The one-sentence character description:

McKean will play a new character, Dr. Thurber, a brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction.
I accidentally misread this as "Michael Keaton," then got sad when it wasn't. But then I read it as "Michael McKean," and got happy again.

(He's currently starring opposite Bryan Cranston on Broadway in All the Way. McKean is J. Edgar Hoover to Cranston's LBJ.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Six months late, I've finished BB. Marathoned most of season 5 this week during work travel. This is the best handled finale I can think of, that I've seen. Look forward to reading the breaking bad threads.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Congrats. This is the best show I have ever seen -- or at least, it's up there with the best.

Glad you finally made it through.

Just ordered the final Blu-ray disc this past week as it was on sale via Amazon and it has
an alternate ending that I am going to check out.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
DaveF said:
Six months late, I've finished BB. Marathoned most of season 5 this week during work travel. This is the best handled finale I can think of, that I've seen.Look forward to reading the breaking bad threads.
Funny - My wife and I just finished last week. What a show - really top notch.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife watched the final three episodes as I finished my marathon. That was all she cared to see. I then filled in the key plot points for her. She was satisfied. :)

Not a wife-friendly show (for me). Though I commented to her that "Revolution" was much more violent than "Breaking Bad"!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
heh... I just started S5 last night. I've spent the last month pushing through it, binge watching 3 or 4 episodes at some points.

Disappointed I couldn't find any other threads for earlier seasons. Would have liked to have read some commentary from watchers. I can't imagine having to wait a year to watch the second half of the last season!

It's been fascinating watching Walt transform from a meek chemist to a criminal mastermind.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
While on the periphery of this sort of stuff, I thought this painting / print is pretty cool:

Heisenberg_Print_-_web.jpg

And of course this set is kind of awesome as well:

il_570xN.507678534_lwpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks