What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Is the green suit seen in the show? The yellow is more iconic, though I don't dislike this look.
If they're making a toy of it, you'd think that a green suit had appeared at some point (even if it was just once) but I thought their suits had always been yellow. Either way, I'm sure I'll end up getting these. Especially since it doesn't seem like it will be too big of a collection.

I'm about to start rewatching the series in a couple of days to get ready for the new episodes so I'll have to keep my eyes open for a green hazmat suit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I'm about to start rewatching the series in a couple of days to get ready for the new episodes so I'll have to keep my eyes open for a green hazmat suit.
Walt briefly wears a green hazmat suit in the last episode of season one when they're cooking in Jesse's basement during an open house when he was going to sell his house.

And the more I think of it, they might even wear that color hazmat suit when they cook in the RV in the second season too.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Canon! I can keep my order in! My bobblehead arrived today.

I waffled too long on catching the current AMC marathon. I know I would enjoy the return more if it was all fresh.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Does anyone remember the "Gotta Have My Pops" commercials in the 90's? Here is one with Aaron Paul.

Oh, the irony of it. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's been out for a few days now but in case anyone missed this sweet poster:

BB.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Season 5 Bluray release says it has uncensored episodes. Do you have any ideas what has been censored on season 5? I did a web search and found nothing regarding season 5 episodes. I know of previous seasons but not 5.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to the booklet with the Blu-ray, the uncensored ones are episodes 3, 6 and 7. The uncensored part of episode 7 is Mike saying "fuck". I'd guess that the other 2 episodes were probably also cut for language (AMC self-censors and only allows a certain number of times that people can say "shit" or "god damn" or "fuck" even if it's going to be censored when broadcast) or maybe there was a few seconds or frames of more violent footage than was broadcast.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thanks. Do you know if the iTunes versions are also censored? Do you have an approximate time or place of where Mike says it in Episode 7? I want to check the iTunes version.

I was shocked to find out that iTunes sells the censored versions! I will not buy from them anymore. Why would iTunes sell censored versions is completely beyond me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ It's in the last minute or so of the episode. I just assumed it would be uncut on iTunes but maybe the censored versions is all that Sony wants to provide iTunes with? That way, the only place that you can get uncut episodes is by buying their Blu-rays and DVDs.

Also, the show is going to be on at 9 PM rather than its usual 10 PM this time around.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thanks, it's been a year that I have seen season 5. I just checked the part you said and wow it's censored. The iTunes version is censored.

I'm very disappointed with iTunes. How could they charge you money and give you censored versions!

I was considering going digital purchase with movies but I will not if that's their policy. Does iTunes do this with their movie releases too?

Anyway, avoid buying Breaking Bad on iTunes.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
'Breaking Bad': First Footage From Season 5, Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSS8zz5IWgo

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw that commercial and thought that shot of Walt in his robe was new (I don't know whether to congratulate or punch myself for noticing something that small). I like how they've been using mostly old footage but also some new in the commercials. That way, I see a fragment of something new and don't have to worry about spoiling anything.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
When is he going to have his hair back as we saw in episode 501? I thought these last parts would be at a later time when he has hair.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that there will be a time jump of a few months at some point so they can catch up to the flashforward.

Somewhat related, in that new footage of Hank posted above, it looks like he's wearing the same shirt as he was when he figured out Walt's true identity so I think episode 9 will pick up at the end of the last episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
4 more days. My prediction is that Hank comes out of the bathroom, shoots Walt in the face and the rest of the season is everyone telling Hank that he's awesome for doing that. Maybe not.

Having rewatched the series over the last couple months, I noticed a few things from the first half of the season that might come into play in these new episodes: Saul knows that Walt poisoned Brock and Walt still has that ricin hidden in the wall power outlet. And a guess (based on Mike's warnings) is that Lydia will be revealed to be as dangerous as Walt.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There was an article that said Bryan Cranston may have given the ending. Well as we know, it will not end well and the most important thing to Walt, is his family.

That's what I was thinking. The worst would be his family dying and not him. He should stay alive and see them die.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks