What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Greg_S_H said:
It's not really worth taking up more thread time, but I mean it's a much more realistic portrayal of a character's corruption and fall. Granted, they have 80 hours versus 7 and a half.
OK, gotcha.
Hank reading the book inscription didn't bother nearly as much as Mike using a plastic handcuff on Walter and allowing Walter to bring Mike his getaway bag.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/319056/breaking-bad-season-5-amc/240#post_3970315
Nothing has happened since then that would cause him to now think W.W. is, in fact, Walter.

Except for that one little detail that he found the book IN WALT'S BATHROOM!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Exactly what I posted right after Quentin's post but he hasn't been back yet to respond.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yeah, I hear you...but, it just so happens W.W. IS his initials! That's why (as we saw in the flashback) Hank included the name Walter White along with Willy Wonka and others.
W.W. could stand for a million things along with Walter White. What I'm saying is that Hank long ago dismissed Walter White from a list of potential W.W. suspects (so to speak). Nothing has happened since then to grow suspicion to put Walter White back on that list. Seeing "W.W." in a book given to ...Walter White!...is, for me, a big leap for Hank to now be suspicious of Walter.
It's a moot point. Hank is going there, and the show needed to go there. Too convenient for me, but I'm sure I'll be over it in 9 months.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It wasn't just the W.W. it was the quote that was also on a notebook seen on a book found inG.B. house that connects it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
Nothing has happened since then to grow suspicion to put Walter White back on that list.
Nothing until he found the book that has known meth cook Gale Boetticher's handwriting (which Hank would be pretty familiar with from having spent alot of time looking at Gale's lab notebook) and initials in it in Walt's house. After that discovery, Hank would have to be a moron to not immediately become suspicious of Walt at that point.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Heh -- Gilligan tried to get them to shoot Season 4 in 'scope:
http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/michael-slovis-interview-breaking-bad-director-of-photography#
And my wife pointed me to Hank's blog:
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/08/hanks-blog-kind-of-a-big-deal.php#more
:D Premium Hank. Too fucking awesome.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/319056/breaking-bad-season-5-amc/240#post_3970756
What I'm saying is that Hank long ago dismissed Walter White from a list of potential W.W. suspects (so to speak). Nothing has happened since then to grow suspicion to put Walter White back on that list. Seeing "W.W." in a book given to ...Walter White!...is, for me, a big leap for Hank to now be suspicious of Walter.

I don't think Hank ever "dismissed" Walter because Walter never even crossed his mind as a suspect (not even when he made the joke about W.W.). Finding the book in Walt's bathroom with the same handwriting and Gale's initials as well is a complete, no doubt about it game changer that (as has been mentioned) puts Walt right at the top of the suspect list no matter how you slice it.

I can buy the argument that maybe it was too convenient for the book to be there while Hank was dropping a deuce in Walt's bathroom, but to say after finding the book that it's a reach for Hank to suspect Walt makes no sense at all.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"How did you find me out, Hank?"
"Let's just say, thank God for those spicy chimichangas you served that day at your house, little buddy."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Here's a great Gilligan-interview with Sepinwall. I'm always interested in hearing Gilligan talk about his show, because it does seem as if he's actually thought everything through, and can explain his creative decisions with candor.
I contrast that with the often-infuriating interviews Lindelof and Cuse gave during Lost's run, which were so vague and coy, in part because they didn't know where they were going.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Another good Hank blog entry:
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/09/hanks-blog-you-have-ebola.php
I've been surprised that people found the Walt/Jesse scene tense and thought that Walt was trying to kill him. I understand Jesse thinking that, but I knew he was there with the money all along.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just saw this excellent documentary:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1086340/
Make sure you see it. It's also about the rise and fall of a drug lord. What fascinated me was how in the end it just imploded on itself and they started to destroy themselves more than the authorities.
"Unfortunately" Breaking Bad went small. If it had gone bigger and Walt had more people under his rule, I could have imagined a similar ending for it where he becomes a snitch and turns in all his people just to revenge.
Nevertheless I kind of feel that Walt will not die at the end (unlike what I thought before). I think he will go to prison.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
Nevertheless I kind of feel that Walt will not die at the end (unlike what I thought before). I think he will go to prison.
If I had to bet, I'd say he'll die but since most people are probably expecting that, I'd say that the writers may go with prison. The one thing I don't see happening is Walt escaping and getting away with it all.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I figure we'll see him at the end sunning on a beach in Brazil. Because it'd be too cruel to see him turn so evil.. and still be rewarded for it.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Maybe they find that the cancer has caused a brain tumor, which they blame for him breaking bad.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
TravisR said:
If I had to bet, I'd say he'll die but since most people are probably expecting that, I'd say that the writers may go with prison. The one thing I don't see happening is Walt escaping and getting away with it all.
Unless they do exactly that to through people off since no one is expecting that!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe he actually reach Scarface level at the end. Losing all his family and friends and be at the head of an empire. It might sound upbeat but it actually is a sad ending. And he could pay off screen in the future after the end. They also leave open the possibility of bringing back the show in the future! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks