What's new

Breakfast At Tiffany's Anniversary Edition (2 Viewers)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Audrey Hepburn is one of those rare actors that appeals broadly to both men and women. That's something.

Perhaps there is no one signature role for Miss Hepburn. But for film icon, the role certainly was Holly Golightly.

I've warmed to Breakfast at Tiffany's over the years. Maybe as I get older the roles seem more compelling.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

I don't "get" this movie. I've never connected w/ it. Loved Hepburn in "My Fair Lady" though.

Peace,

DM

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree that Breakfast At Tiffany's and Two for the Road are my favorite Audrey Hepburn pictures. They are almost the only ones where she is paired with someone her own age.

I never thought she was very good in My Fair Lady. She was too old for the part. Eliza should be in her early 20's. And of course she did not do her own singing. The speaking and singing voices (Marni Nixon) didn't match to my ear. I just did not believe her in the part.

I did love her in Charade and I love the location filming in Paris.

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator

Holy Cow!!, not even close. Charade is good..but there are so many that have so much more to say and are better films in the collection . It's not even in Cary's top 5. In my opinion of course..lol.

Love Breakfast ,and I know you lovers will hate this..but as I look through the movie database and see the list of classic stars and the films they have made and see so many films that still go unreleased completely. I hate to see double dips when those much wanted extras will be watched once and forgotten. Devote the money to unreleased films.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I don't expect others to agree, but I stand by it. I agree that it's not Cary Grant's greatest film, but then North by Northwest isn't part of the Criterion collection (to my knowledge, only two of his films are).

I've only seen 12 of Audrey Hepburn's films, and by far the worse (IMO) was Two for the Road. I'll never understand the appeal of that film.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm assuming you haven't seen Paris When It Sizzles? The only good part about it was seeing Audrey briefly do the twist in a medieval princess costume.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

Not a great film but far from a film to dump on. I enjoyed it. Plus film lovers can enjoy the many inside jokes and references made in this film.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Nope. The ones I've seen:

The Lavender Hill Mob
Roman Holiday
Sabrina
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Charade
My Fair Lady
How to Steal a Million
Wait Until Dark

Funny Face
Robin & Marian
Always
Two for the Road

The first eight I love, the last four I could do without.

RickyB

Agent
I just want to say that Charades is the only Audrey Hepburn film I've seen, and I really enjoyed it. Sorry I have nothing to add to the discussion at hand. :b

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Packaging looks fine. It might have been neat if they went with Tiffany Blue wrapping paper for the outer case but so be it. At least the blue background of Audrey's photo represent the color.

Minor though. It is all about the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks