Breakfasat Club and the rest of the High School Reunion Collection original music?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nathan McMahan, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan Stunt Coordinator

It's been a bit since I've seen these and I own the original DVDs. I hate to admit it but I haven't watched those yet. Did they change the music for the old releases? Meaning do the High School Reunion Collection releases have the original music or did the old ones also have the correct music and this is just hype?

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

The original releases contained changed music; each of the new releases has a blurb on the front saying that they now use the original music. I surely hope so; I wouldn't have bought them otherwise (mine hasn't arrived yet so I can't check).

3. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

I bought the Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, I also have the original DVDs too. I havn't watched the Breakfast Club yet(although I don't think that there was any music changed for the Breakfast Club in the other releases,correct me if I am wrong), but I think the music is the same as the old. But Sixteen Candles is very different from all the previous home video releases, I have compared them, and a lot of scenes have different music, it is the same music as the theatrical version, and the one you see on cable a lot. So the answer is yes, the music is different. Well woth the upgrade on both.

Derek

4. Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan Stunt Coordinator

Whacky update, has anyone been able to confirm Breakfast Club?
    Same music or no? Also what about Weird Science?
    Thanks in advance.