What's new

Braveheart looks glorious! (1 Viewer)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by JediFonger
besides, would you rather have a catalog film look as processed and clean as brand new spanking films (like Patton was immolated) or the way it was originally released?

Ideally, I would like a catalog film to look as clean and brand new as it did when it left the studio. In the case of Braveheart, it did not leave with negative density, print damage, dirt, specks, etc., and I do not prefer those imperfections to remind me that I'm watching a film. Those only remind me that I'm watching a film that with a little bit of effort could have been restored to its original luster. It sounds like the Blu-ray folks did a great job working with what they had. IDEALLY -- let me stress, IDEALLY -- I wish the people in charge of the print had done just a bit of clean up first. It doesn't sound like it would have taken a whole lot to make it darn near perfect.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
A little OT, but I took my mom on a tour of England and Scotland last week and we visited Stirling and the sites of the battles of Bannockburn and Stirling Bridge, and the Wallace Monument; one of the statutes at the Monument looks just like Mel Gibson---I was assured that it long predated the movie. I wonder if Mel used it as reference material?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by Mark Zimmer

A little OT, but I took my mom on a tour of England and Scotland last week and we visited Stirling and the sites of the battles of Bannockburn and Stirling Bridge, and the Wallace Monument; one of the statutes at the Monument looks just like Mel Gibson---I was assured that it long predated the movie. I wonder if Mel used it as reference material?

Was it this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks