What's new

"Brady Bunch" Season 1 Release Date: March1, 2005 (1 Viewer)

HaigH

Agent
The Brady Bunch is already on DVD!
See the menu on the Wayne's World DVD! ;)

But yes, this show brings back some old memories

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
"hopefully, they will release all the corny spinoffs."

Rhino released (a couple of years ago) a 2-episode DVD of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I grew up with this show, being 7 through 11 while it premiered and watching each new ep religiously. I just wonder whether or not I'd actually purchase this, though...

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
I loved this show growing up and I think the reason it was so popular is because they showed a perfect family, something many kids wanted.

Favorite episode - Marcia entering high school and trying to fit in. The volcano is a classic and I still see on sitcoms kids who have built volcanos (although no one dares to have lava shooting out).

Other fav eps- Johnny Bravo, the fight over the attic room, and the early episode of a rebellious Marcia who climbs out the bedroom window to mail a letter.

Worst episodes - when Mike designs a cosmetics factory (no kids in this one and it was boring), the Shirley Temple episode (I always felt bad for Susan Olson in this one. It must have been humiliating, she was too old to do it), the Snow White fiasco and the one where Marcia has a crush on her dentist.

I feel the first episodes were the most realistic with the kids not getting along with each other. Suddenly in the second season everyone acts as if they had always been a family.

And I always wondered why everyone was against moving to a bigger house. And the show could have happily done without Robbie Rist.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

I built a volcano after viewing the episode. I went so far as to buy a science book which actually gave me step-by-step instructions on how to construct a working one. I remember the day I made it clearly as if it was yesterday (it was actually over 20 years ago).

The problem with my volcano was that I made it too big lol. And I'm not exaggerating: it was enormous! I kept adding wet newspapers and plaster of paris and before I knew it, it was nearly the size of my kitchen table lol. I don't know how, but we (me and my family) managed to move it to another part of the house to let the volcano harden, but sadly after a week, I had to destroy it and throw it out because it was still wet! I guess I used too much water and plaster of paris on it (I forget what the exact ingredients were). But if that thing had hardened like it was supposed to, I bet that sucker would've worked! :D

Good, good memories. :)

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
That's hilarious. It's too bad it didn't work out because then you could have got your sister to come with her friends and you could have had lava explode all over them.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That review says:

"They mention how the first Season theme was song by Peppermint Trolley, and after that the Brady Kids."

They wouldn't mention that in the commentary if it weren't included.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Can you tell me if the original Paramount logo is included...with the red background and the rectangular box..ala Happy Days? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks