Brad Renfro Dead at 25

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Henry Gale, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Actor Brad Renfro is dead, the Los Angeles County Coroner confirmed to “Access Hollywood.”

According to the coroner’s office, a Brad Barron Renfro, with the same date of birth as the actor, died today. They have no cause of death yet

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I know they haven't announced a case of death yet but I'm willing to bet that this will be another lesson to stay off serious drugs because they'll ruin your life and career.

3. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

Not remotely surprising in the slightest.

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Brad's troubled history was spread coast-to-coast, but if you have a certain lack of impulse control, Hollywood will eat you up and spit you out.

5. WillG

WillG Producer

For a second that had me thinking that the coroner was also named Brad Renfro and he had the same birthday until I thought the better of it.

Sad for someone to die that young. Although, this kid seemed like a disaster of drug addition. It's probably to be assumed at this point that this death was probably drug related

6. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Sad news. I remember seeing him in The Client and being really impressed with his performance in that film - a natural talent. But he seemed to just vanish, working occasionally (I think I saw him in Sleepers and Apt Pupil) but mostly just appearing in the occasional news article. And now that talent is gone. One wonders how his life would have been had he not been discovered.

7. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

Never heard of him. But if his death was the result of drug use, he asked for it.

8. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

You don't use drugs Joe?
    I do and don't think they'll kill me.
    Perhaps you're thinking of abuse, or perhaps you're not thinking at all.

9. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I just heard about this, such a shame, he was a talented young actor, too.

The sad part is that other young celebs won't take a lesson from this in the slightest *cough*Lindsay Lohan*cough*, in fact she'll probably go out and get all coked up to deal with it. [​IMG] No self reflection, no life changing decisions just more more more until one day...

10. Marianne

Marianne Supporting Actor

11. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> Never heard of him. But if his death was the result of drug use, he asked for it.

Thanks for your kind words- can I quote you if I'm ever asked to do a eulogy for someone?

12. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    It's sad, it's not surprising, but I was still shocked to hear the news.

13. SD_Brian

SD_Brian Supporting Actor

Brian
    On the upside, just look what dying young and tragically did for the legacies of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, River Phoenix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Anna Nicole Smith, etc.

Yes, I suppose that's cynical and insensitive. Still true, however.

14. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
    He was in one of my favorite films, Ghost World and it does not matter whether he deserved it or not, no one deserves to die that young.

15. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Pitty, he was always good in the films. I didin't know his drug stuff was any worse then what is typical in hollywood.

16. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Not that many people in Hollywood get pinched buying heroin in a Los Angeles skid row area or steal a yacht though. [​IMG]

On a serious note, it's his fault for getting caught up in drugs (whether that's what killed him or not) but it's still sad to see a waste of a life and talent.

17. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

I still have a soft spot for Glenn Quinn, as he was on my favorite show ANGEL, but knowing he died of a heroin overdose pissed me off more than made me sad. No matter who you are, it's a stupid, pointless thing to do, and anyone trying to justify drug use is equally stupid.

According to today's news Renfro overdosed on a combination of drugs and alcohol.

18. troy evans

troy evans Screenwriter

My friends, only the good die young. A loss of life is a loss of life regardless of circumstance. Remember him on his positive aspects. Sometimes life is sufferring, and death is a release. R.I.P. Brad.

19. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Put me down on that "equally stupid" list.

I use Flurbiprofen on a pretty regular basis. Caffeine? Yes, I believe I'm addicted to caffeine. I get mine in the soda pop because I discovered decades ago that the coffee version was dangerous for me, not to mention others around me.
    Which, by DEA standards should make it illegal for everyone.
    Alcohol, I can do without, which is real handy if there's none around. Weeks can pass without me imbibing. They don't however because I really enjoy margaritas, and at other times a good single malt, or beer.
    They're all drugs and I use them, moderately.

As to all of the illegal substances, in most cases the worst thing about them is that they're illegal.
    If you'd like to actually learn something about that you can find lots of information.

If you think the war on drugs can be won, if you think the DARE program is effective, if you think millions and millions of us didn't have a good time with no permanent damage, if you think prohibition works....well, there's a word for that too.

20. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I do drugs...if Asthma medication, cough syrup and Tylenol when i'm sick are drugs.