What's new

Brad Renfro Dead at 25 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Actor Brad Renfro is dead, the Los Angeles County Coroner confirmed to “Access Hollywood.”

According to the coroner’s office, a Brad Barron Renfro, with the same date of birth as the actor, died today. They have no cause of death yet

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Brad's troubled history was spread coast-to-coast, but if you have a certain lack of impulse control, Hollywood will eat you up and spit you out.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

For a second that had me thinking that the coroner was also named Brad Renfro and he had the same birthday until I thought the better of it.

Sad for someone to die that young. Although, this kid seemed like a disaster of drug addition. It's probably to be assumed at this point that this death was probably drug related

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Sad news. I remember seeing him in The Client and being really impressed with his performance in that film - a natural talent. But he seemed to just vanish, working occasionally (I think I saw him in Sleepers and Apt Pupil) but mostly just appearing in the occasional news article. And now that talent is gone. One wonders how his life would have been had he not been discovered.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

You don't use drugs Joe?
I do and don't think they'll kill me.
Perhaps you're thinking of abuse, or perhaps you're not thinking at all.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just heard about this, such a shame, he was a talented young actor, too.

The sad part is that other young celebs won't take a lesson from this in the slightest *cough*Lindsay Lohan*cough*, in fact she'll probably go out and get all coked up to deal with it. :rolleyes:No self reflection, no life changing decisions just more more more until one day...

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Never heard of him. But if his death was the result of drug use, he asked for it.

Thanks for your kind words- can I quote you if I'm ever asked to do a eulogy for someone?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It's sad, it's not surprising, but I was still shocked to hear the news.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
On the upside, just look what dying young and tragically did for the legacies of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, River Phoenix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Anna Nicole Smith, etc.

Yes, I suppose that's cynical and insensitive. Still true, however.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
He was in one of my favorite films, Ghost World and it does not matter whether he deserved it or not, no one deserves to die that young.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Pitty, he was always good in the films. I didin't know his drug stuff was any worse then what is typical in hollywood.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not that many people in Hollywood get pinched buying heroin in a Los Angeles skid row area or steal a yacht though. :)

On a serious note, it's his fault for getting caught up in drugs (whether that's what killed him or not) but it's still sad to see a waste of a life and talent.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I still have a soft spot for Glenn Quinn, as he was on my favorite show ANGEL, but knowing he died of a heroin overdose pissed me off more than made me sad. No matter who you are, it's a stupid, pointless thing to do, and anyone trying to justify drug use is equally stupid.

According to today's news Renfro overdosed on a combination of drugs and alcohol.

troy evans

Screenwriter
My friends, only the good die young. A loss of life is a loss of life regardless of circumstance. Remember him on his positive aspects. Sometimes life is sufferring, and death is a release. R.I.P. Brad.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Put me down on that "equally stupid" list.

I use Flurbiprofen on a pretty regular basis. Caffeine? Yes, I believe I'm addicted to caffeine. I get mine in the soda pop because I discovered decades ago that the coffee version was dangerous for me, not to mention others around me.
Which, by DEA standards should make it illegal for everyone.
Alcohol, I can do without, which is real handy if there's none around. Weeks can pass without me imbibing. They don't however because I really enjoy margaritas, and at other times a good single malt, or beer.
They're all drugs and I use them, moderately.

As to all of the illegal substances, in most cases the worst thing about them is that they're illegal.
If you'd like to actually learn something about that you can find lots of information.

If you think the war on drugs can be won, if you think the DARE program is effective, if you think millions and millions of us didn't have a good time with no permanent damage, if you think prohibition works....well, there's a word for that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks