What's new

Bought new Mits WD-73742 - but shows 493 hours in service menu (1 Viewer)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Just took delivery of a new Mits WD-73742 on Friday, 7/20. When I was setting it up, I noticed in the service menu that it had 493 hours on it already. I thought it may be a software glitch, but now I'm not so sure. Called Mitsubishi twice, and they said they can't trace a TV by the serial number to see where it has been, nor did they know anything about a service menu or about the number of hours on a TV. Called Amazon and they said it was a new TV but asked what I wanted to do, and I told them I'd hold off for a few days to investigate further. Does anyone have a fairly new 742 series that they can check the hours on? Another person on another forum said they had way to FEW hours showing on a 738 series. Or, lacking that, any advice?

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
After getting some advice on other forums and having a couple people with the same new model check their hours (about 8 hours after some viewing for both), I called Amazon yesterday and they are exchanging it for a new one. Fortunately, I can watch this one until the new one arrives and then they will take it away.
The set with 493 hours works fine, but I want to get what I pay for, new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks