What's new

Boston Legal ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Hey all,

I'm a huge fan of Boston Legal, but I think I'm a little confused. I'm in the Chicago area and I'm positive they didn't show the Halloween episode last week. I don't remember what they aired, but I remember being pissed off. This week Boston Legal aired just like always with the Dana Delaney episode. What's going on here? Am I crazy or was the Halloween episode preempted or something?

Thanks

Don Black

Screenwriter
They aired in where I live last week (East Coast). It was the one where the episode started with Tara and Alan in the Batman and Robin costumes.

Todd Henry

Second Unit

That Sunday the Bears played on Sunday night, so it was probably pre-empted and shown later that night.

The same thing happened in Baltimore on Sunday because of the Ravens and it was on at 12:15 and Desperate Housewives was on at 5:30.

tODD

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/21/04

Once again, Lori's subplot was tedious and lacking in punch, while Alan's subplot was hilarious at times, and demonstrative of Alan's read on people and their hot buttons.

Denny Crane's arrest and Alan's explanation to the judge to defend Denny with the whole "Boston winning the World Series has led to the air being let out of the cursed fans balloon" angle was a funny character sidebar. And then Alan even gives Denny an early Christmas gift to satiate his second highest of his heart's desires (the highest being the Red Sox winning the World Series).

Alan's threat to push Paul down and whiz on him was LOL funny given the situation where Paul undermined him during the emergency judicial review. Just the imagery made the whole threat work.

Too little Brad, Mark Valley is being wasted on this show, and no Sally at all (no big loss there).

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Exactly what I was going to say -- he's disappeared for so long that I'd virtually forgotten he was on the show until he showed up for 30 seconds.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

You mean this isn't a comedy? Strike me as Ally McBeal Redux. The Pratice was a drama. This is a dramaedy at best. I can't even remember the legal arguments of any of the cases. The cases don't really matter on this show. They're props.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/28/04 "Loose Lips"

Some good funny stuff going on with Alan's case, and the bet between him and Brad. When Lori got Brad to confess why Alan bothered him so much, I almost spit my drink out, plus Lori's grin almost seemed real-life genuine when Brad let loose his assessment of Alan's putty ass and flabby body and Brad's jealousy of the ladies in the office wanting to bed Alan over him. Lori's "I have no interest in *ducking* either one of you" to Brad was a good line, as was Alan's "I love the feel of a stiff breeze against my rosy cheeks."

Denny launching another hail mary for Alan in the form of Rev. Al Sharpton was really funny because Alan was mouthing the words he wrote for Sharpton as Sharpton championed for a gay Santa in front of the non-friendly judge on this case.

Lori's subplot was a mess, and I have no idea how both Paul or Lori don't get dis-barred for their actions trying to do some CYA that involved therapy patient-doctor confidentiality stemming from the fear of violence by the patient onto his ex-wife.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
And Cut !

Just how many times is paul going to NOT report Lori to the bar? She must be a relative or something. I also do agree with an earlier poster that the cases do take a backseat to the inter-office dynamics.

BTW, Has Alan ever lost?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen every episode. But, Lori is always doing something unethical. It is getting ridiculous.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
The preview for next week's episode made me burst out laughing...

Alan planted a knife and a picture of Denny with Saddam, inside his briefcase and Denny got busted going through the metal detector.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The outcome of Lori's actions was trademark "The Practice". The first time I ever got that vibe watching "BL".

Poor thankless Mark Valley gets a bit more to say but has to wear that outfit.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
and Lake Bell is apparently out.

I read this and about Candice in yesterday's paper.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hmm... I can't say I am surprised by that. It seems like they backed Lake's character into a bit of a corner. On The Practice she served primarily as an adversary for the long-departed Rebecca DeMornay, followed briefly, as a love interest for Spader.
In the end, they did not have her doing much on BL.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/12/04

Alan Shore and Denny Crane have a case that turns into a whistle-blower situation that shows Alan has a decency streak in him. Denny surreptiously takes the fall for Alan by eliciting testimony that tanks their client's defensive position, but had Alan done so, he would have been fired.

Brad finally admits to Lori that he wants to be more than buddies, but Lori wants none it. Lori does smooth over the rough waters while having to handle a WWASD (What would Alan Shore Do) moment from Tara who sweet talks an idiot opposition lawyer into giving up details that should have been protected under client-lawyer privilege, and tanks his clients case on age discrimination.

Denny almost gets lucky under the mistletoe with Sally.

Overall, somewhat funny (like Alan planting evidence in Denny's briefcase of being a terrorist so that security would detain him while Alan goes to do the direct on their whistle-blower witness, which is something Denny did not want to happen). Plus Brad laying down the law, and Lori telling to breathe while he's talking rapidly like he always does when he gets agitated.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/19/04

I was cracking up all through the non-Brad/Lori segments. But at least they gave Brad some lawyering to do in this episode. I think the wife did pump those rounds in her hubby and mistress, though.

Tara be one naughty gal, Alan be one lucky sumbitch. Nice mistletoe "halo" on Alan.

Denny was killing me with his marine resume. "Pull!" Hahaha!

Even the final shot of Denny and Alan seated just inside of the balcony (since it was too cold) was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks