Bose Lifestyle 30

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Sheri, May 22, 2003.

1. Sheri

Sheri Auditioning

I have a Bose Lifestyle 30 and many components which are now more complicated because I keep adding gadgets! I need wiring help!! I'm not a Home Theater expert...but I can follow directions!

I'd like to know the BEST way to connect all my components, of course!
    Keep in mind that I am a beginner and need very simple directions!

First of all, I have these components:

Bose Lifestyle 30 with the following inputs:
    Aux/Vid 1/Vid 2/Tape. and one Tape out line as well.

- Digital cable box with an S Video jack, maybe 2. I'm not using the S video cable now...just the coax
    - TIVO - has S Video
    - VCR
    - DVD -has S Video
    - Nintendo 64
    - Radio Shack Splitter
    - Panasonic TV with AV jacks and one S video connection and with PIP feature...which I've never gotten to work!
    - Universal SONY remote that works everything except TIVO and the BOSE system. and that's ok....

I need plain English, even Diagrams to make my life easier! Every installation guide I find leaves out one of the components so I have nothing to refer to that includes them all. So far, it's been a trial and error event each time I add a component! Right now, my VCR isn't connected because I wasn't sure where to put it in the mix.
    When I talk to people at Home Theater stores, they are way over my head!

I want to be able to
    1) record one channel on TIVO while watching regular TV.
    2) I want to be able to Download TIVO recorded items onto VCR tapes (it says you can do this!)
    3) I'd like to finally use the PIP feature on my TV! I don't even know where to begin with this!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch -

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Does the Bose have svideo video switching?

3. Wes Goff

Wes Goff Extra

To simplify things, plug everything into your tv(audio and vidio) which you will need to get a s-video switcher since your tv has only one s-vid input. For surround soud, just use audio jacks from tv into just 1 input on bose system. you will only get pro logic surround but I think the bose 30 is only pro-logic any way. I would go into detail how to hook everything else, but as a suggestion, you would be much better off getting a new rec. w/ s-vid switching and dolby dig. for about $400.

4. Sheri

Sheri Auditioning

The Bose 30 has Digital 5.1 Decoding and VideoStage Decoding and I'd like to continue using this....even if it's not true surround sound, it's better than nothing.

I dont' believe the Bose System has an S video connection - I'm using a digital oplink connection from the DVD player to the Bose system.
    My TV only has 2 inputs for audio/video connections so I don't even have enough room to run everything through it. The sound is much better through the Bose than through the TV.
    I have two zones and speakers all over the house and outside by the pool, so I really don't want to give up on this system....I invested too much into it in the past 2 years!
    Thanks for your help

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

What model TV, VCR, and cable-box do you have? This information could help us in deciding how everything works.