Born Free - TV Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Sep 5, 2013.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I picked up Born Free last week from Deep Discount as the price was very good. I have only watched one episode, but the show looks very good. I am a nature/outdoor person that love shows like wild kingdom as such i was very interested in born free as it depicted work in annimal refuge.

2. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    I remember the big boost the movie seemed to create as far as interest in nature and animals, and the TV show with Garry Collins was an event in our house (I was 11-12 when it was on)... Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom was another part of "reality TV" in those days - until the lid was blown off Marlin Perkins for having staged some of the natural adventures. All those shows made a huge impression on my generation regarding ecology and the world around us.

3. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Good little series that unfortunately didn't last too long. Gary, RIP. Got me thinking of another short-lived nature adventure show, rare and only 13 episodes as well, The Outsiders (1976) with Andrew Keir.

4. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    Never seen the Outsiders, looks like a ripper! -- tho like a lot of 70s shows, the music turned my stomach... Andrew Kier, looks like John Williams rougher-round-the-edges brother

5. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    Hey Henry, I like Born Free as it was very well done. It is too bad it was cancel, but then again the studios did lots of cancelling when shows could not compete with other shows. I just hope that i get to see the Outsider (1976), Sierra, etc come to dvd as it still very important in this day and age to support ecology!!