What's new

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I love the show, and I hope they are working on more episodes.

The trailer looked good, but the real reason why this stuff is funny is because Mr. Cohen talks to real people without scripting.

(Ali G line here) The real question is what happens now that we have found BLT's in Iraq :)

MikeRS

Screenwriter
The new trailer

http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/b...eamID=27349728

It's being released as counter-programming this November (pretty bold move). It's directed by Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry Charles. The buzz is it's a Spinal Tap level comedy classic. Considering I've laughed harder during the Borat sequences of the 'Ali G show' - than anything in the last 10 years - I believe it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure that half the audience I was with for "Ricky Bobby" nearly pissed themselves when the trailer came on today — myself included.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I'll be seeing this in 3-4 weeks time at the Toronto Film Festival's Midnight Madness screening with Cohen present.

He's been threatening to make some sort of grand entrance at the premiere...possibly wearing that lovely green bikini...or maybe something involving live donkeys :D

Joe D

Supporting Actor
The new trailer is fantastic, I'm very happy the film isn't all scripted (hopefully only the beginning is).

I also hope they are working on more episodes, Ali-G and Bruno are great.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
The complete film list isn't posted until Aug 22nd.

The Borat premiere was announced in an earlier press release which can be found here

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I finally watched the actual trailer for Borat today. It looks awesome. I am absolutely going to go see it. When is the release date does anybody know?

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Nov. 3.

I've been a huge fan of the Borat character ever since seeing bootleg tapes of the U.K. Ali G show years ago (which was superior to the HBO show, I'm afraid. Borat works even better in England).

Looking forward to the movie.

--Jefferson Morris

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I caught a second trailer for this yesterday before Jackass 2. Nov 3 can't come fast enough!

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Have you guys been seeing this like commercial that Kazakstahn is apaprently running in America to try and like, help their image and tell Americans that they are, like, a good and stable strategic partner of ours or something? It was extremely funny in that unintentionally hilarious way. All these news stories are making me laugh my ass off.

And if possible I am not even MORE excited for Borat.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I've seen all of 5 minutes of Ali G, but I came into possession of tickets to a free screening of Borat last night. Based on the wildly positive reviews, I went.

And it's a very funny movie. It's not the greatest comedy in a decade, but it's outrageous, insulting, demeaning, and hysterical all at once. The central conceit is simply, how far do you take the joke (culture clashing)?

The answer...pretty damn far.

It's very rare that you can guarantee someone significant laughs at a film. But I guarantee it at Borat.

Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks