What's new

Bones, season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The whole bit about her juggling two guys was classic material. Actually, the scene at the end where they were with Sweets was also very good.

This is a show that I think has some of the best chemistry out there, which is why the rotating assistant bit is really annoying. I would be OK if they picked someone and stuck with it, and let it go.

Really, the chemistry between Zach & the staff was so damn good, it's hard to come up with a replacement that fits that role nearly as well. That is a problem, but they shouldn't avoid it through fill ins but just make something stick and have the dynamic not between "Zach's replacement" and Hodges... maybe a better way is someone who becomes full time who works to develop a relationship with Angela... or something.

But, as always, the show has been fun, which is all I can ask

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

My bad; I'm sorry!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I still remember when he was hung out a window upside down in his underwear on "Boston Public".

At least I think he was in his underwear.

Either way, I'm glad he's on this show. I like him and find him to be a nice addition, regardless of his usefulness.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The Shoehorning of the Sweets is the least of this series realism issues. I like him a lot.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sigh, I had a REAL tough time getting through tonights episode. Those responsible for dog fighting are why things like The Rack were invented.

They are scum and the only thing that kept me going in this ep was to see Bones and Booth bust these son of a bitches!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This was a real hard episode to watch. :angry:

I did actually like the temp guy this episode. Too bad he is just another prop.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

You didn't like that, Pat? I thought it was nice that we saw this new facet of her personality, who knew she was such a dog lover?

BTW, Angela and Hodgins are being ridiculous with this whole thing.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
They did a dog fighting episode of CSI just last season. The writers of that episode won some sort of animal/humane society/something-or-other award for it.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Actually, right now it seems they're being very mature. In real life, one of them (most likely Angela) would quit and move away. On TV they usually have the 2 totally avoiding each other, or fighting. Here, at least, they focus on the job, and for a moment, remember what they truly feel for each other.

And on that note, I thought the Sweets and Hodgins 'session' at the end was perfect. Add in the funny, but serious, part about Parker, and Dr. Sweets worked very well in that episode. He was shown in this episode as a true professional. This is where the character works the best.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

I completely agree. Most realistic use of him I've seen. The entire exchange of "I hate everyone" "That's good/normal" was so fitting & perfect.

I agree, also that in the real world, one would probably buckle and leave. But I also think they both love their jobs, and are holding out for the other. Either they will reconcile or not, but I'm not as off-put about the whole thing as others are.

Hodgins is at a wierd stage in his life where his best friend is now in prison, and so he doubts everything. And vice-versa. Neither of them are sure about anything and they freaked out. I found that conclusion more "buyable" then the other options out there.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Are they? I thought the episode was refreshingly (almost) devoid of their nonsense. Hodgen's issues were dealt with tastefully and with humour. Then there was that one look between them and that was it. It could have been MUCH worse. We've only had 2 eps since they broke up, and the writers have wisely refrained from beating us over the head with whatever tension must now exist between them, I think. I don't even think the matter was brought up at all in the 3rd episode. I have NO interest whatsoever in that aspect of the story.

As someone who doesn't share the infatuation many have for animals, I find this sort of episode frankly irritating. And the idea that I would bestow my family's name, my father's name on an animal was just too much for me.

--
H

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The Michael Vick thing made it a hot topic generally. Don't forget, we're probably still seeing story premises that were somewhere in the pipeline before the strike last year and which are only being finished now.

I liked Hodges in this episode, didn't see anything wrong with how Anglea reacted and really liked Sweets for a change. (Especially when he did such a bad job of lying about being bullied by a girl when he was a kid. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Most people who own pet's come to regard them as part of the family and so they lovingly give the animal their last name.

I have a cat named Tom and when I go outside to call him in and he doesn't come i'll routinley yell out "Tom Williamson, get your furry ass in here now!" and he usually comes runnin' lol.

It's a sign of affection more than anything and there's nothing either crazy or wrong with it despite what your implying.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There is to me. Assigning my family name to an animal is just about the most insulting and degrading things you could do to that name (and thus to my family.) Let's chalk it up to a cultural difference and leave it at that.

I am OK with others doing whatever they want with their family names ;). I just wanted to provide a different perspective.

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, when I took my cats into the vet, they assigned my last name to each of their first names for their records, so there you go.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

My two Schnoodles have my last name assigned to them for the same purpose.

Then again, I hate my last name (Lashley, "Martin" is actually my middle name) so I could care less about degrading it, though this situation simply doesn't qualify.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Same here. I have a relative who's a vet, and that's how they did it also. For a long time, he had tons of dogs who would come in with generic "Rover" "Snoopy" type names, so they began assigning them last names so they'd know who the owner was.

I understand Holadem's dislike of it, but it is a fairly common practice, out of necessity as much as anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks