What's new

Bones season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

I think they didn't do very well pacing the Gormogon story, strike or no strike. I'm hoping they decide to extend the arc into next season, just so everyone can get more vested in it.

If I recall correctly, there was the premiere, then they mentioned the stuff in the second episode, and since then, we've only had one episode that dealt with a red herring. Maybe there was a second one. And then the finale. Hardly enough for a convincing season arc.

But, that is really the only major downfall I have with the writing on this show.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm finally all caught up, from ep1 through the latest.

any1 watch monday's ep? =D that was insane =P

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What's this "Gormagon killer" plot? I just started watching the show a few weeks ago, so I'm clueless on that. I did just finish Season 1. I'm looking forward to Season 2 now.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Gorgamon's in the third season.

And my previous description of how the plot's gone is probably inaccurate, as my memory is obviously fuzzy for any show this season.

Funny thing about your theory Kevin

I swore they revealed the Gravedigger in that original episode. I was waiting for it to be revealed as one of the two authors as I was re-watching it on the DVD, but they never did reveal it.

But the two killers versus each other is not a bad idea.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I know we talked about that possibility here, but I never got the impression, on the show, that they were going to reveal Gravedigger's identity that soon. But you seem to have a lot of 'behind the scenes' info about the show, so perhaps that was their original intent.

But, on the season 3 promo disc I got with season 2 had TJ stating that he'd love to see Hodgins use his financial resources to go after Gravedigger and find out who it was.

I just hope season 3 comes out on DVD soon; my HTPC crapped out around the time of the strike and I lost pretty much the whole season.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

Not as much as you'd think, outside of the character development. Every episode is still completely self contained. Occassionally, they'll pick up on a previous thread, like they did with Howard Epps, and Brennan's father.

Actually, it's a nice medium. There's actually development with the characters, so it doesn't feel like an anthology, but you don't need to watch entire seasons at a time to get a full story.

We should be hearing a DVD announcement soon, since the season finale is tonight, and I believe Fox is starting a lot of their series in August this year, and most shows like to have the previous season out before the new one starts.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Through the last fifteen minutes, I kept expecting it to turn out that Gormegon was a demon who possessed Zach. Then I remembered, that's the other David Boreanaz show.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Agreed.

WTF?! While this episode completely took me by surprise (which is a rarity), I'm not only saddened by the ending, but angry as well.

I mean, come on, I agree Zach is a very logical person, but he's not a robot, and most certainly not a murderer.

If Eric Milligan's decided to leave the show, fine, but to have Zach go out a punk like that is deplorable. I'd rather he'd died in the explosion, or in a noble fashion.

I've become too attached to all the main characters on that show and that's why I think what's happened to Zach is 10 times worse than what happened to Warrich on CSI.

Again, WTF?!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I gotta say, that teaser surprised the hell out of me.

I was worried for a bit if they really did kill Booth off. But I figured that would be a sure fire way to kill the series.

But, the scene in the bathtub was great, even if it was quite dumb to read such an old comic that close to water. But, it was interesting seeing Boreanaz reading Green Lantern, since he and Nathan Fillion are my top two choices to play the part in a movie. (Of course, he did voice GL in New Frontier.)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
When Eric Millegan was interviewed about the season ender on the TV Guide site he said no one was leaving the show, and since tonight's episode was able to confirm everything he said originally without giving too much away (one hurt and near death, himself hospitalized, Gormogon being a regular member of the cast) I believe he's staying on and will likely be rehabilitated. After all, he's not going to prison for this.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

But only one person was hurt in this episode (Booth's injuries last week couldn't be that serious considering he was up and running around), and Gormogon wasn't a series regular.

As much as I hate the twist, bringing Zach back as a regular character would only make the problem worse. The first season established that the people working with Booth require a background check, and even though Brennan was able to shoo the investigator away, it'd be completely unbelievable if the FBI let a man who aided a serial killer -- who helped the killer breach security -- work on cases. (Although the episode with the background checks is interesting because the investigator asked Zach what he'd do if someone presented him with an irrefutable logical argument for betraying the country, and he had to think it over for a moment before saying he'd have to consult with Dr. Brennan.)

They could get away with Millegan as an occasional guest star, but the only way he could return as a series regular is if this last episode turned out to be Booth's fevered dream as he's being operated on. And this is one case where I think "It was all a dream" would be an acceptable out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Called it. :)

The execution could have been better, and I half suspect that if the writers had had more time they would have spent it on Zack being more shaken by his experience in Iraq and planted more clues over the season, but it made for an hour of pretty great TV. I also found myself wondering if Hodgins had figured it out and was hitting the morphine button to keep Zack from incriminating himself, as opposed to just as a red herring that made him look guilty.

I'm sure one set of bones will be found at whatever institution he's locked up at next year, and I wonder if we'll see another of Brennan's grad students promoted to his position. That'll be a new and interesting way to shake the dynamics up, I think.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

See, and that's why the ending rang hollow for me. There's no way (barring brainwashing) that Zach wouldn't have at least somehow communicated with Brennan about it - hypothetical, word play, etc. The Gormogon case had already started before the "Master" approached Zach. And we're supposed to believe that in 3 months he could convince Zach to go against Brennan, his mentor and the one person he respected the most without even somehow talking to her about it?

And I agree with Jason - if the writers had more time I suspect they would tie it in with Zach's time in Iraq.

I liked the addition of Cam; I think they'll have a much harder time replacing Zach- he gave the team chemistry a very professional yet naive touch.

Oh, and my wife wanted me to add that she's very upset with this, as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks