Bond 6 pack at Amazon.com today, Nov. 14th

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Loregnum, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Loregnum

Loregnum Stunt Coordinator

Just a heads up that Amazon's deal of the day today is the 6 pack of Bond films at $65.

Naturally I got both 3 packs a few weeks ago at around a total of $120 CDN before tax. Great....

I realize there is a deals section but I wanted to post this in here since I figured most people who may be interested may not check that forum.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Thanks for that! There are enough films in the 6 pack that I want, vs. those that I do not to justify the price. Excellent.

BGL

3. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Second Unit

Awesome deal! Mine already shipped, even though I chose the free super saver shipping!

Does anyone know if this Amazon 6-pack includes the movie passes for Quantum of Solace? I might hold off on seeing the new movie this weekend if it does.

Mark

4. Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr Second Unit

Each 3-disc set is supposed to come with 2 movie cash tickets, so you should be getting 4 tickets with the 6-pack.

5. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Second Unit

That would be great. Thanks for the info!

Mark

6. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Bonus!

I had no idea, but that REALLY makes this a sweet deal, since Quantum of Solace is on our "must see" lost.

Brian

7. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta
    Thanks Loregnum, for posting this. I had no plans on buying all six of these films, maybe a couple at most. But at this price, I just could not resist. Mine already shipped and should be delivered by Monday, courtesy the free 2 day Prime Shipping I bought for a year.

Ofcourse I'll have to wait another week or so for them to finally get to me, that's when my friend will be travelling to India and carrying the discs for me.

PS: Regarding the 'Quantum Of Solace' tickets, can someone please confirm if they are included and if so does one need to open the packaging to get them. Since the tickets will be of no use to me here, I can ask my friend to open the discs and use the tickets. But in case there are no tickets i'd prefer to get my discs unopened. That is just something I like doing myself. [​IMG]

8. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    The deal did not seem to still be available when I checked an hour ago--just a heads up.

9. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    The same page and deal says $106.99 now.
    It may have been an honest mistake (possibly based on the SDVD sets?)

Cees

10. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

It was actually one of their "gold box deals" totally legit and only lasts 24 hours.

11. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I know that on each of the individual releases you get a code that you use on their 'quantum of solace' moviecash site in order to access the actual coupon and print it out. The code is located underneath the sticker on the package. It's probably the same situation with the Bond Triple packs.

12. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
  13. takita787

takita787 Auditioning

I love amazon [​IMG] always have great deals. just got my 52" lcd from them, quite the hefty bill but it woulda been aLOT more going through my local best buy [​IMG]

14. Loregnum

Loregnum Stunt Coordinator

regarding the Quantum of Solace codes:

On my CDN sets I got one for each set and it is good for 2 tickets.

Regarding the deal:

As stated in my first post and from David Mack, it was their deal of the day Friday and sadly isn't there anymore. [​IMG]

15. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Major Kudos to Amazon on this deal.

I ordered on Friday; BR's arrived today.

And each box had the Movie Cash sticker on it.

A heads up for anyone buying these boxes: DO NOT toss the wrapper...the code is on the backside of the sticker on the outside of the box. So, I now have certificates good for 4 tickets.

FTR, last night I was in my local Costco, and they had each set for $58 bucks each vs. $65 for both at Amazon. That REALLY makes the Amazon deal a killer, and a shame for those that did not find out about it on time.

Brian

16. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    OK, so I was tempted to break my No Unnecessary Double-Dips rule. Just this once!

Unfortunately, everyone's been telling me that Quantum of Solace is as awful as its title, so I don't know whether it's worth enduring the hassle of a trip to the theater even with free tickets. [​IMG]