What's new

Body Snatchers (1993) - coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Body Snatchers (1993)
New 2016 HD Remaster
BD50
16 X 9 WIDESCREEN, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.4:1
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English SDH
Contains original theatrical trailer (remastered 1080p HD)

"Don’t sleep. Don’t ever sleep. That’s when it happens. That’s when tentacles leave the alien pod and enter your ears and nostrils. Soon you’re not you anymore. You’ve been taken over, a victim of Body Snatchers.
A science-fiction classic gets an eerie, modern update in this spellbinder inspired by 1956’s Invasion of the Body Snatchers and from the producer of the 1978 remake. Advances in screen special effects now enable director Abel Ferrara (King of New York, Bad Lieutenant ) and his crew of wizards to depict the actual birthing of a pod – and its devastating effect on the human host. Who says there’s no rest for the wicked? As stars Gabrielle Anwar, Terry Kinney, Forest Whitaker and Meg Tilly discover, no one rests when the only way to sleep is to keep one eye open. And one foot out the door."
229281dc34c0095509f9ef3fb7e6a83f.jpg

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I fear this is the only horror title coming from WAC for the season.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's a pretty good updated version of the story, but doesn't hold a candle to the 1956 or 1978 versions, both of which have already received nice Blu-ray releases. I'm puzzled that WB Archives gave us this for Halloween when so many more deserving horror/sci-fi titles remain m.i.a. If we're doing body snatcher movies, fellas, why not give us the classic 1945 Robert Wise film THE BODY SNATCHER with Karloff and Daniell, which is one of the best Val Lewton productions ever? But, make no mistake, I'll buy this, even as I scratch my head about it..

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I strongly disagree that this isn't as good as the original or the 78 remake. It is a great horror movie, and easily the most frightening of all the versions of the the 'snatcher' films(and I am including the abysmal "Invasion" with Nicole Kidman).

I really like this elusive film-(Roger Ebert praised it too, see video below)-and it's great that it is coming to Blu-Ray. Thank you WB

Last edited:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy— it's a scary riff on the core concept and Meg Tilly is great in it. Plus, I can get rid of one of my snapper-case DVDs! I'm just disappointed that there aren't any Hammer movies coming from WB.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Same here. It's a fun take on the legend and I'll be very happy to have it out of the snapper, in HD.

(It was just a few years back that I finally bought the snapper in great relief, having suffered the LD one too many times.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks