What's new

Body Snatchers (1993) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
44184_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
1993's Body Snatchers: Just watched this last night. Last time I saw it, was...I think the 1990s on laserdisc. Forgot most of it. Commissioned with a generous budget, Warner Brothers rightly chose director Abel Ferrara for his confident /urgent/sensitive direction (Miami Vice (TV), King of New York). This 1993 version has a strong production design, grand yet intuitive cinematography by Bojan Bazelli, and an effortless cast carries you along.

Video: Blu-ray.com review (released in 2016) says, "The Blu-ray is the result of a new scan at 2K of a recent-vintage interpositive, which was performed by WAC's preferred post house, MPI, followed by the usual color-correction and cleanup." I saw this on an 83" OLED 4K TV. Filmed in Technicolor, the result looked astoundingly detailed, fresh and immediate in this clean high definition transfer; better than expected.

Audio: The film was originally released in Dolby Stereo, per end credits. The DTS-MA 5.1 offers clear dialogue (noticeable ADR), average bass, and a generally good front sound stage. Surrounds are a missed opportunity for this type of film: they do sound mostly the same (mono), without discrete activity from what I could tell. However, they are regularly active and help fill the room especially with explosions and helicopters despite being somewhat flat and pancaked among the back 4 speakers of my 7.1 set up.

Not a perfect film, but engrossing, tough and underrated. Was brisk at 87 minutes.
A definite fun version in the mix of the four different films (1956, 1978, 1993 [this one], 2007).
Definitely recommended. Anyone have other thoughts about this version?

1697312412415.png

1697312529775.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks