What's new

Body of Proof - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
ABC's last hope, as it looks like the rest of their new shows will be cancelled.

I caught the first episode this past Tuesday, and thought it was okay. Has that feel of Castle, and reminds me very much of Quincy ME (if anybody remembers that show). I don't know if it will be enough to ease the pain for the loss of Detroit 1-8-7, but for the time being, I'm in.

Just learned that the 2nd episode will air tonight at 10 PM EST. Normally, it's on Tuesday at 10 PM.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I caught the pilot episode and yes, it does have a "Quincy ME" flavor with an attitude. Hope it does well.

Did ABC cancel Detroit 1-8-7? They sure went out with a lot of loose threads and story lines hanging out there in the "season finale." A real Godfather-like final 15 minutes. Pity if it's gone.

If so, thanks once again ABC for nothing!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by RAF
I caught the pilot episode and yes, it does have a "Quincy ME" flavor with an attitude. Hope it does well.

Did ABC cancel Detroit 1-8-7? They sure went out with a lot of loose threads and story lines hanging out there in the "season finale." A real Godfather-like final 15 minutes. Pity if it's gone.

Same here, 187 was my favorite show of the year.

I watched Body of Proof and will continue to do so as I like Dana Delaney. She looks pretty good for a 55 year old woman.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Maybe they can do a Body of Proof/Castle crossover where they investigate a homicide on Wisteria Lane.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My house got broken into today, and I wasn't sleeping, so I finally caught up on the pilot to this. Lot of potential, even though the premise is very female-driven, man-hating Lifetime Original-esque. All of the men are morons or outright villainous, except the medical investigator who is the idealized Perfect Man with the looks of a young Simon Baker. The assistant chief is an Amos-n-Andy-esque caricature, the dweeby other ME seems barely competent, and her ex-husband seems to be doing his very best to make their daughter hate her for no discernible reason. The lead detective shows the most promise; while he's a testosterone-driven stooge for most of the pilot, he keeps up with Delany's lead better than most.

Hopefully future episodes flesh out the supporting cast more, which is well-cast. I'm definitely around in the short term, even though it's always going to end up on the DVR backlog.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
...the medical investigator who is the idealized Perfect Man with the looks of a young Simon Baker.
I immediately thought of a young Kenneth Branagh.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I like the show but part of that is because of Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan. The non believer Cop says the same thing everything every episode, I don't believe you, lets close the case.
That's going to get old.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm really enjoying the show. I barely remember China Beach, and always remember Delany as the voice of Lois Lane in the Superman animated series back in the 90's.

I can't get past the fact that the guy playing the deputy chief, is the deliveryman in the Miller Lite commercials.

My only issue with the show so far, is that it takes place in Philly, but actually filmed in Providence.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by RAF

Well if Body of Proof has a Quincy, M.E. feel to it, then I'm going to check out the show if it does get shown in the UK (think Alibi have picked it up). What I would like to see, if it gets renewed, is for Detroit 1-8-7 to do a crossover with Body of Proof.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show is beginning to remind me of "House", only with corpses. The biggest improvement since the pilot is the way all of the coroner's office staff are shown to be competent professionals. The black cop and Jeri Ryan's boss character still need to be fleshed out, but I'm really liking the rest of the cast.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Does Body of Proof have much of a title sequence? More and more US TV shows these days (especially network series) have either a very short title sequence or nothing at all.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There are only "x" number of minutes for story per hour. With shows not only getting squeezed by more commercials but are having to yield precious minutes to "reality" competitions about races, survival, dancing and singing that run over the standard time limits week after week. They've already squeezed and sped-up the closing credits to air them over the promos for the following show (to the point where the unions are really upset) so the last thing left to cut was the main title squence, which used to be a kind of art form. Now you get a few seconds of music and a title card, and then the credits run over the action at the top of act one. (And even at that shows like Castle tend to run a minute or two shorter than similar dramas on other networks.) Pity.

Re: Body of Proof. I'm enjoying it. Within a couple of episodes they've already moved beyond a lot of what people saw as cliches in the pilot, and I'm enjoying the characters. I do think that Jeri Ryan, especially, needs to be "fleshed out" more, as it were. But that red dress she was wearing while getting ready for her date goes a long way toward making me forgive the producers. And of course I've had a mad crush on Dana Delaney ever since and Marg Helgenberger were heating up China Beach. (Heck, I actually went back and watched Desperate Housewives for a awhile there when Dana was on.) It could eventually lose my interest, but for now I'll be sticking with the show.

Regards,

Joe

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Body of Proof's fast national ratings (posted on Zap2it) for episode 4 (last night's new episode on ABC) show that the show's ratings are keeping steady. They dipped a bit for episode 2 (which was shown on the Sunday night (3rd April) after the series premiere the previous Tuesday night (29th March), but went back up with episode 3.

Re: Title sequences in TV shows these days (and this does go off-topic). A good example where there's no title sequence, just a flash of a title card showing the name of the show and the lead character, is The Listener, the Canadian drama series about a psychic paramedic (Season 2 is currently being shown on FX in the UK). Because The Listener had been off air for ages (something like two years since the first season), I'm guessing the show's makers put "Season 2" on screen under the show's title because there hadn't been new episodes for ages.

It's been refreshing watching Treme and now Rubicon (this started on BBC Four last week), as they have long title sequences. But is this because they're/they were cable shows?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikel_Cooperman
I like the show but part of that is because of Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan. The non believer Cop says the same thing everything every episode, I don't believe you, lets close the case.
That's going to get old.
I agree, with you regarding the non believer cop. She solves the case, and each time a new case comes up the cop doubts her? Outside of that, I enjoy the show.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
This show is beginning to remind me of "House", only with corpses. The biggest improvement since the pilot is the way all of the coroner's office staff are shown to be competent professionals. The black cop and Jeri Ryan's boss character still need to be fleshed out, but I'm really liking the rest of the cast.
True, but last night's show was at least a beginning in showing them in action as they solved that murder. I'm really starting to dig this show.

Crawdaddy

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am really enjoying this show, with Megan trying to make her team follow some script for her daughter's project.

And I did notice the non-believing detective was MIA, so a lot less arguing. I always remember him as the cross-dressing brother from The Drew Carey Show.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just like everyone else. I am really enjoying this show. The pilot was just so-so. Each and every week the episodes have been getting better and better. Found this weeks episode to be the best yet. Glad to see that the daughter maybe thawing in her relationship to Mom.

Good stuff.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks