Bob Clark's "Porky's" Sept 25th walmart exclusive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by GMpasqua, Jul 27, 2012.

1. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Screenwriter

Greg
    The Original "Porky's" 30th anniversary year, Walmart exclusive 9/25/2012

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Doesn't seem like a Walmart (aka family friendly) title...Any new special features?

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Yeah, that this is an exclusive for a company that would only carry censored versions of CDs makes this one of the most laughable exclusives I've ever seen.

4. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Cinematographer
    Supporter

Luis
    How long before Walmart starts demanding family-friendly versions of R-rated films to release exclusives of? The studios won't have a problem catering to them and will butcher many films to make them happy.

5. David Norman

David Norman Cinematographer
    Supporter

What, that would make Porky's about a 4 minute movie -- correct?

6. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

They'd have to edit out all that male nudity in the "line-up for Cherry" scene, and then again when the boys run out the front door of the cabin in all their glory. God, that scene got a huge laugh in the theater back in '81!
    However, it's interesting because when I had Porky's on vhs, the framing was such that I believe you could see more naughty bits due to the pan & scan framing showing you things that are, uh, cut off in a letterboxed version. I think somewhere on the web I once saw a kind of pervy list of old movies that show more nudity in their pan & scan versions lol; it's happened a lot apparently!
    I don't know why Walmart would get a movie like "Porky's" as an exclusive. I would pass on it because I'd rather have a boxed set of all three movies. I've never even seen Porky's Revenge!

7. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Screenwriter

Luke J. Chung
    My favorite scene in this movie was the one with Miss Ballbricker(!) at the Principal's office, where the younger coach suggested printing up mug sketches of the offending male students' sex organs...I couldn't stop laughing for almost 5 solid minutes, and my belly and sides ached from laughing so hard and long!!!
    My second favorite scene was watching and hearing how Kim Cattrall's character got her "Lassie" nickname!!!
    WHAT PIPES!!!