What's new

BMW films on DVD info (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
Peter, my copy says the exact same thing, but does not include The Follow. On the back cover, it lists all five movies along the top with small pictures for each, including The Follow. As far as I can tell, from the outside of my copy, there is no way to tell that the film is not included.

I visited the dealer last week and they were out of the discs. They said that they had more on order and they would send one to me when they came in. I got it today, so I have to assume that this is one of the most recent versions.

Maybe the OLD versions had The Follow?????????

Nevertheless, I've emailed the website and I'll see if anything comes from that.

Thanks again!

-Kelly

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Kelly: I filled out the form (leaving the computer-related questions blank) and wrote my message in the two "Describe your problem" areas. I also put my mailing address at the end of my message. A few days later, I received a hand-typed email from the representative. If you want to just email without the form, the address is [email protected].
Peter:
Ty, to be more specific, I visited the BMWfilms website, not the BMW website. At www.bmwfilms.com, I emailed the site representative in the help section about my interest, he emailed me back for my physical address, and voila.
I also visited the BMW Films website and emailed the Site Representative. I'm sorry I was not clear in my earlier post. Thanks for your help.
EDIT: Peter, how long did it take to get your DVD?

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Mine contains all 5 but I've had it since early last year. I received mine as a member of BMWCCA. A $35 membership gives you 12 issues of Roundel as well as your local chapter social events.
Nelson, Looks like we both drive the same twisty roads.
I have a great loop I drive in my Titanium Silver 330ci. Maybe I'll see you around. :)

Ray Suarez

Stunt Coordinator
I was sent an email from BMW (bought a car last year) with an offer for the dvd. It took about 6-8 weeks to actually receive the disc which arrived in December. It contains "The Follow".

ray

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Good to hear that, Ty. Did seem like a long wait for you. BTW, does yours include The Follow? And is your disc encased in a paper cover or in a plastic jewel case?

I am happy with the dvd too. It's nice to see this distinguished list of directors tripped out on BMW - a very odd marriage.

I've shown Star to some friends and they're surprised to see Madonna in a role that they hadn't heard of.

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
My disc does include The Follow. It also notes on the case that the disc includes "Extended Director's Editions" of The Follow, Chosen, and Powder Keg.

It came in a standard CD jewel case (the case even had the "Compact Disc Digital Audio" symbol on it. I am going to replace it with a proper keepcase as soon as possible.

Kelly W

Second Unit
I just got another copy today either from calling the 800-number or from the website (my guess is the website).
This is the exact same copy I got from the dealer a few weeks ago-- it does NOT contain The Follow (but, again, you can't tell that without opening the case).
This stinks!!! Why am I so unlucky?
Does anybody have an extra copy that DOES contain The Follow? I'm willing to pay for it. :)
BTW, my copy came in a plastic jewel case and looks identical to the ones posted on Ebay. (Yes, I'm looking on Ebay. I REALLY want a copy with all five films, but the problem is that I can't tell if they're truly selling versions with The Follow or if the discs are just the same as mine. :frowning:)
-Kelly

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I just got my copy of "The Hire" today and it contains "The Follow". I requested it on the website, not the 800 number. Perhaps the 800 number requests lack "The Follow" and the website requests don't?

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
I called and ordered the disc about 2 months ago, but still haven't received it. I was at the Los Angeles auto show 2 weeks ago and BMW had tons of the discs available. This disc did not contain The Follow, saying "due to contractual obligations....". I wonder if I'll ever get mine in the mail. Maybe that one will include The Follow.

Jerry

Chris M

Second Unit
FINALLY! Asked for it in October (I think) and get it May 28th. Wow.
And mine does contain "The Follow". Maybe 'cause I'm in Canada, I don't know.
EDIT: After looking at the disc itself I saw the info about "contractual obligations" and the only part of "The Follow" that was on there was the trailer for the short on www.bmwfilms.com sigh.
Anyway, all I can say is: COOL!
Chris.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I bought one on EBAY about 5 months ago. Two weeks later I recieved one from BMW for free without even asking. It was cool but frustrating at the same time.

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
That's good news, Chris, I had pretty much given up hope at this point. After trying the local BMW dealership, calling the BMW hotline, and emailing the BMWFilms webmaster, I figure I'm about due at this point ...
[shakes fist angrily in direction of Munich] C'mon ya bastards, send me my DVD of BMW commercials already!
Update: Guess my pestering finally paid off - I got my DVD in the mail yesterday. Good times.
Update #2: And it included "The Follow!" More good times.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Looks like the hunt will be starting anew for everyone. They are making three new films. Perhaps they can work it out with Whittaker and give us a new DVD with all 8 enhanced for widescreen.

BMWfilms.com Announces Ground-Breaking Internet Film Series Will Continue

Slated to Premiere Fall, 2002

June 7, 2002…bmwfilms.com today announced they will continue their ground-breaking Internet films series, The Hire, with three new releases in 2002.

British acting sensation Clive Owen (“The Bourne Identity,” “Gosford Park,” “Croupier”) will reprise his smoldering role as The Driver, the mysterious reoccurring character around whom all of the films revolve. As was the first Hire series, this new triad of films will be executive produced by David Fincher and produced by Anonymous Content and Fallon Worldwide. Directors and other talent for the films were not released. The films are underwritten by BMW.

The new films will premiere on the Internet at bmwfilms.com in the Fall. The Hire Series made international waves last year, when it featured films directed by John Frankenheimer (“Ronin,” “Grand Prix,” “The Manchurian Candidate”), Ang Lee (Oscar and Golden Globe winner “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” “Sense and Sensibility,” “Eat Drink Man Woman”), Wong Kar-Wai (“In the Mood for Love,” “Happy Together,” “Chung King Express”), Guy Ritchie (“Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,” “Snatch”) and Alejandro González Iñárritu (“Amores Perros”). The films were brilliantly cast with strong supporting characters played by: Mickey Rourke (“The Pledge”), Tomas Milian (“Traffic”), Adriana Lima (Guess model) and Madonna (actress/recording artist).

More than 13 million film views were logged in at the digital-quality streaming video website.

“The Hire was an unprecedented example of media convergence that both pushed and crossed boundaries. We had no idea how successful it would be, since we were going into unchartered territory when we started the project. In the end, the project far exceeded any of our expectations, which is why we’re so thrilled to be working on three more films for The Hire.,” said Jim McDowell, Vice President of Marketing for BMW of North America, LLC.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Yeah, I paid my 4 bucks (S&H) and received the disc back in May of 2003. And here I was, hoping for some news about upcoming films.

(full disclosure: I do not own a BMW.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks