What's new

Blue Man dvd audio ROCKS!! (1 Viewer)

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
Run....don't walk and get this dvd audio release. Its has a 5.1 DTS surround sound track on it so it plays on all dvd players with a dts output. I do not have dvd audio yet and for $15 at www.amazon.com its the most amazing surround sound experiance I have yet heard in surround sound music.
Why doesn't DTS have this title listed as having a DTS track on their website.
Get it and be prepared to be blown away. Watch those subwoofer levels, this disc has some serious bass in it....
------------------

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Thanks for reminding me, I have been meaning to pick this up. I listened to bits and pieces on mp3 and even there they sounded pretty amazing.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
With the still video images that display as you're listening, it's probably as close to the Blue Man live experience we'll ever get at home. The interview with the BMG creators is hilarious, as well!
------------------
--------
Ted K.
"Wait here. Be right back"
-Godot

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I saw them live in Vegas. Tempted to pick up this disc, although I'm not sure whether or not the music will hold up for me without the visuals.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Jay, go get it
smile.gif

I saw them in Vegas last month, and to prepare I bought the disc in advance. The DTS track is unbelievably good. Even with my fairly basic system (JBL NSP1, Sony SA-WM40) I can turn it up loud enough to sound almost as loud and bassy as the live show.
------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this one yesterday and it is indeed awesome. They are an amazing group. Almost makes me want to head out to the hardware store for some pvc tubing.
I hope they come out with a video soon or else I will be forced to go see their live show. I've never said that about any other performers.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Could you be a little more specific about the audio format? I'm a little confused. Is it DVD-A, DTS, or what? Does it have a DD track? My DVD player is a first generation Sony DVP-S3000 and doesn't output DTS so all I can listen to for now is DD.
Thanks.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
I love it!!
If you have DTS-ES, Youll love Sheryl Crowe's
"Globe Sessions" also!
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Bill,
The Blue Man Group DVD-A also has a DTS and a DD 5.1 track. I bought the disk when I only had DD 5.1 and ended up purchasing a DVD-A player only a week later.
Great Stuff!

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I have the CD, I have the DVD, and I saw them in Vegas back in March.
I highly recommend all three.
The DVD is two sided, one sided has DD/DTS sound with a few images popping up while you listen.
The other side has a few shorts, including one from the show (not the blue men, a videon on the discussion of plumbing)
It's a great disc. Well worth it.
Tom
------------------
My DVD Collection

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this disc does rock in DVD-A.
Anyone with a newer JVC DVD-A player have this disc lock up on them (on the DVD-Video side)? Mine does.
Fortunately, I can still play the DVD-A side just fine. And if I really want to play the other side, I can pop it in my PS2.
------------------
"You advance yourself only by my good graces."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Couple of questions:
- Is the DVD the same was the CD (except for mix)?
- Do I need any special hardware to play DVD-A (besides my receiver and DVD player)?
Thanks
And I saw them in Boston a couple of years ago.
smile.gif
I'd love to see them again.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I don't know about the CD, but to hear it in it's best form, DVD-Audio, you need a DVD-Audio player and a receiver that has 5.1ch inputs.
If you only have a regular DVD player, you can hear an excellent DD and DTS mix of the CD.
------------------
"You advance yourself only by my good graces."

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I can second the recommendation for purchasing BMG's DVD! I'd also seen them perform in Vegas last March. Just purchased tickets to catch their show in Chicago for Nov. 10 with seats in the PONCHO SECTION!!!
smile.gif

As for how the DVD compares to the CD? I've got both of them. The DVD has an entirely encompassing mix, along with a slideshow containing stills of their performances. The DVD also contains an interview with the creator/s of BMG where they speak about how they've been able to create interesting instruments to bring forth the Blue Man (all the while Blue Men play with paint on the window behind the interview taking place). The DVD also contains bonus audio tracks such as audio commercials, as well as the aforementioned "plumbing video".
I can't recommend this one enough!
Spence
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
"...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks