What's new

Blue in Black on DLP Projectors (1 Viewer)

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at PJs last night and noticed that a lot of the blacks in the picture had a blue line in them. This was especially noticeable when looking at the back of someone's black head of hair. I looked at a Sharp 9000 and 10,000. Is this normal or is it something that can be tweaked out?

The Sharp 9000 was on clearance for 3,500. That seems like a good deal.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't clear I think.

I meant that certain blacks in the scene had a blue tinge at the edge. For example, this guy with black hair had a bluish tinge around the left edge of his head. It was on two different DLP projectors. I was wondering if this might be something that is normal and can be tweaked or reduced.

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dude,

Sounds like edge enhancements done by the the makers/producers of the DVD title. Or it's possible the Sharp projectors come from the factory with contrast and video filter settings set too high which might "enhance" the enhancements. Check the projector menu to find any such settings and set them to ZERO. If that doesn't do anything then it's probably the source material or perhaps your DVD player. After switching from cheap component video cables to decent (Monster) component cables I noticed less video noise including at the edges of people/things, etc.....I don't know for sure...

Good luck dude,

Chester

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks