What's new

Blue Bloods Season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show is very straightfoward. I can applaud the Good Wife and Parenthood for being some of the more tight written shows on TV, but Blue Bloods is a bit like comfort food. It's a simple story, told well, and Tom Selleck is good in his role. It's a very old school cop drama. The family dynamic is pretty good.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I really like this show. They moved it to Wednesdays, and now have moved it back to Fridays. The move to Wednesdays was highly publicized. The move back just happened. I would hate to see it cancled because no one could find it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Mark_B

I really like this show. They moved it to Wednesdays, and now have moved it back to Fridays. The move to Wednesdays was highly publicized. The move back just happened. I would hate to see it cancled because no one could find it.

It was in the top 15 in ratings last week. I'll take a look at the ratings on Friday's show on Wednesday.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last week's show was #14 in the ratings which is pretty good considering that the top 2 rated shows were the Oscars and its Red Carpet arrivals.

Crawdaddy

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Currently we're up to episode 9 "Re-do" (Sky Atlantic premiere it in the UK). This episode was preceded by a violence warning, and you could see that. It had a sense of overhanging dread. But then I felt the episode possibly fell apart in the fourth part (after the third ad break). The episodes before this one have been consistently good though (maybe just one so-so episode, episode 3). The cast which gel well together (I particularly like Tom 'Magnum' Selleck) Len Cariou (who played an enjoyable recurring role on Murder, She Wrote), Donnie Wahlberg (Boomtown), Will Estes, Nicholas Turturro and Jennifer Esposito. Also like Will Estes and Nick Turturro, who are fast becoming one of the best things about Blue Bloods. Robert Allen Burke should get a special mention as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A tidbit dropped about the Blue Templar tonight? I'd pretty much forgotten it was even a thing. The exec producer says it was just an initial hook to make the show stand out and should be resolved and left behind by the end of this season. They seem to realize they have enough of a show without it (assuming, of course, that it gets renewed; USA Today calls it a lock, others are not so strongly positive).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I would have thought Blue Bloods would be renewed for a second season. It's ratings have been very good (the ratings on Friday nights on US network TV have jumped up this season (well they have on CBS), even though I think the demos aren't high. Where the negativty seems to be with regards to the chances of Blue Bloods being renewed, is on TVbynumbers.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episode 10 "After Hours" premiered in the UK last Tuesday, and so far I think there have only been a couple of not so good episodes. It's one of my favourite shows on at the moment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bluebloods is the highest rated new show this year by any network. I think CBS would be rather stupid not renewing it.

Crawdaddy

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It blows my mind the way ratings work. CBS shows like Blue Bloods and The Good Wife have double the number of viewers of any other show on their nights. But the demographics are all wrong, which leaves the number "in the demo" at or slightly below the competition. If you're over 49, you might as well not exist as far as the ratings are concerned.

Example, Friday's Blue Bloods: 10.31 million viewers, but tied with 20/20 on ABC at a 1.5/4 despite 20/20 only having 5.09 million viewers.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

It blows my mind the way ratings work. CBS shows like Blue Bloods and The Good Wife have double the number of viewers of any other show on their nights. But the demographics are all wrong, which leaves the number "in the demo" at or slightly below the competition. If you're over 49, you might as well not exist as far as the ratings are concerned.

Example, Friday's Blue Bloods: 10.31 million viewers, but tied with 20/20 on ABC at a 1.5/4 despite 20/20 only having 5.09 million viewers.

Yep, that's why a renewal could be in question. The cost to produce 20/20 is likely much less, as well. CBS has plenty of highly-rated shows, so the bar is higher than it would be at other networks. Their goal is higher ratings in the choice demographics.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Part of the benefit to Blue Bloods is that it has already been sold to several foreign markets where it went right to the top of the list of new show buys.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/survey-%E2%80%98blue-bloods%E2%80%99-most-commercial-of-this-seasons-new-series/

While that's not enough to get it renewed; decent ratings on a Friday combined with minimal cost since it can be balanced against big foreign buys give it a better-then-average chance.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

For Tom Selleck fans the latest Jesse Stone movie will air on May 22 on CBS.

Still waiting for Thin Ice and No Remorse to be released by Sony on Region 2 DVD in the UK. Also hoping that Tom Selleck will continue to make the occasional Jesse Stone TV movie.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episode 12 "Family Ties" was good. This Tuesday's episode "Hall of Mirrors" (episode 13).....is this the episode where Amy Carlson and Jennifer Esposito are added to the main cast, or do they stay as recurring cast members?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
As I'm sure everyone knows by now, the show will get a 2nd season.

Just caught up on all the episodes, and enjoyed the show very much. Who knew that I would have liked a show that has one of the New Kids on the Block playing a cop?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Walter C

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, the show will get a 2nd season.

Just caught up on all the episodes, and enjoyed the show very much. Who knew that I would have liked a show that has one of the New Kids on the Block playing a cop?

I agree, it was one of my favorite shows from this past year and I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Crawdaddy

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, and I think he's gearing up for a tour. Oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh! I've known he was a good actor since Ransom, and he is really good here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks