What's new

Blu_Ray player for $300 or less, ever? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ever? - Sure, if BR becomes the standard. I dont think I would expect it until then though.

Austan

Second Unit
Real Name
austan nguyen
BR has competition between major CE.
Sony has reduced to the price and Samsung is right there with them.
Philips and Sharp are also price conscious, so expect the prices to get even more competitive...

right now, you can get the Sony or Samsung for $450... around the holidays the price will be even better...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd say around X-mas you might see deals close to that, but probably not until next year for average price. With the 5 free discs offered on pretty much all BD players, that is putting you right around $400 already though.

bigluigi

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Primeau
I'm in the same boat but since there's only 3 BR exclusive titles that I'm intrested in I'm going to import the HD-DVD international versions.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Heck, if you sign up for a SonyStyle card you can get any Sony player (including a PS3) for $150 off right now.

Competition will drive prices down. With HD-DVD decks going for $200 around the holidays, the BD decks will have to at least approach that if they don't want to get killed (especially with the Paramount/ Dreamworks move).

SpiderX1016

Agent
Real Name
Raymond
Hell, I got my PS3 for $425, shipped to me and it works fine. Brand New, My cousin got his for $420 but had to pick up (Brand New as well)

But it was off craigslist though. If the Sonystyle deal is still there, I would suggest that.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I heard rumors the PS3 will be $400 before XMas... not bad for one of the best BR players on the market.

I got my used samsung for $360.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

I bought my PS3 60GB for $350 last month. I just signed up for the SONYCARD.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I've been keeping my eye open, as I'm hoping for a $300 price tag to go format neutral.

I know that the first two generations of players are not going to be compatible with the finalized specs at the end of Oct, but will the PS3 be upgradable? It seems to the be the best bet as a player, no?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK the only 2 major questions with the PS3 are

PiP - not confirmed but many insiders suggesting it will eventually do it

DTS-MA and/or Dolby THD - something about the PS3 will not be able to send as bitstream I think (still confused on all the audio stuff :eek: )

Hopefully someone else can elaborate. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Me too. :) That wasn't a PS3-specific deal, though, so it doesn't really count. You could get the $150 back regardless of what you bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks