What's new

Blu-Ray Player w/1080P Component Video? (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My question was valid as I use an ipad via their "hdmi adapter" with a 5 year old 30ft hdmi. I bought a magnavox streamer that had no problem with 30ft. Also tried an RCA. Finally after returning them(lackluster app content), I bought a Roku.
All three, an ipad, 3 different laptops and a "wii over hdmi" have no problem with this 5yo 30ft hdmi.
As for which pre-2012 BD player to buy...the one with the apps you'll use.

nixichron

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
schan1269 said:
As for which pre-2012 BD player to buy...the one with the apps you'll use.
Wow, aren't you just a fount of valuable information :rolleyes:
You do realized that was classic forum douchebaggery on your part right?:D
seeya!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, with "analog sunset" being imposed...we, as consumers, have no idea when the "firmware update" is going to come along and kill your BD players ability to send anything other than 480i out the component connections.
BD players haven't scaled to 1080I over component in 4 years...
You can't play discs out component video, at all, if the disc has ICT(google it).
How many of use are guaranteeing that the "BD player that spits out streamed content at 720P/1080I over component" is going to be able to do that next year?
Any takers on that bet???
So, you need to figure out why your HDMI sucks.

Lee Nana

Auditioning
stevenjoen said:
Blu-ray Player is one easy-to-use player for PC. It can help users enjoy any Blu-ray movie with outstanding and perfect video quality at home. This amazing player can not only play Blu-ray Disc, but also support Blu-ray folder and ISO image files. This Blu-ray Player is reliable and expert in playing Blu-ray discs released in different regions and dates trough simple clicks of mouse. http://www.ufusoft.com/blu-ray-player/ Blu-ray Player is also capable of playing popular video files. Users can enjoy videos in HD video, AVCHD video, MTS, M2TS, MXF, TS, TRP, MKV, MPEG, FLV, WMV, and MP4, etc. formats. * Play Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder and ISO files. * Support playing popular video files. * Bring users 1080P HD video watching experience.
The software is great, however, this software seems to expansive, I always rip the video to mov formats for replaying. Handbrake and Freemake I have try freemake to convert DVD/VOB video to mov. the output video is nearly the same with the original video

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks