What's new

Blu Ray & DVD Cases (1 Viewer)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Mike Frezon said:
It's just that type of thinking that prompts me to post the link to that other thread, Chuck.  We've all been there.  And different people handle the space crunch in different ways.  I cannot believe how my Blu collection has overtaken my DVD collection and is now putting me in  the position of having to make some more difficult choices. 
Especially given that I really did cut back on my movie buying when HD-DVD and Blu-ray came out to just movies I would definitely watch more than once. Plus I don't like spending more than $10 for a movie unless it is really significant or something I really like. Even following those rules I have ~350 HD movies thanks to Blockbuster 5 for $20, BB upgrade and save, BB super sales, Target super sales and Amazon super sales. I really am in a conundrum about how to store the movies. I really like to peruse my collection and see it the way it came packaged but man does it take up space. The collector in me doesn't even like throwing away the slip covers or those paper backs stuck onto box sets that seem to fall off almost immediately after opening. However, I don't really want to have to buy an IPad or card catalog just to find which movies I have or where it is located in high density packaging. How many movies can one of those Red Boxes hold? :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
eric scott richard said:
Do you guys mostly keep the paper backings on boxed sets?
The ones that are glued on tend to get shredded if you leave them on the back. I try to peel them off; they're usually affixed with rubber cement. Then I just store them inside the boxed set somewhere. Digibooks are the worst, 'cuz then I just sort of stick them inside the book somewhere. But I do like to have them, because sometimes they list the contents of the Digibook--which may or may not be noted inside.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
eric scott richard said:
Do you guys mostly keep the paper backings on boxed sets?
I do. I peel off the glue and if they fit inside the box, I keep them in there. When they're too big to fit in the box, I just slide it in between that box and the previous one on my shelf. Of course, then when I go to pull it out the next time, I'm not thinking about the paper and it slides out and falls to the ground.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I'm looking for 2-disc clear DVD cases of good quality to replace the eco-friendly designs that Shout! Factory is now using for their multi-feature releases. Does anyone know where I can find good quality clear cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks