What's new

Blow Out - The De Palma Film (1 Viewer)

Bo_Darville

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bo
that scene wholly made sense and totally added to the plot and was not random nor misplaced whatsoever, so i think we can all agree on that one. again, AWESOME.

nancy allen = most seductive and enchanting love interest ever. i actually LOVE her voice now. and the dialogue between her and travolta, well, it produces some of the all-time memorable movie quotes. i can't remember any of the quotes right now, but trust me, its intriguing.

and who can forget the final scene, where de palma uses pre-recorded fireworks backdrops instead of live fireworks? well, that is pure genius at work. it totally did not look generic or cheap. i was completely fooled and could not believe it when somebody told me (my 4 year old i think).

this movie IS underrated. everyone go buy it now. i've got mail. i've got mail. i've got mail. yaaaaaaaaaay
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I missed a lot of good comments the last few days. I have not found a copy locally yet, so I'll go mail order.

I remember seeing this in the theater when it came out. I have not seen it since, at least not in it's entirety on TV, but I always liked it. It's been so long, I don't even remember Lithgow being in it. He sure made a string of films as a very bad man, like Cliffhanger.

As I recall, and please spoilerize comments as I want to be surprised when I rewatch the DVD, the ending has fireworks in the sky behind Travolta that looked like it was an optical effect. And I recall some entertainment show mentioning that that sequence had to be redone due to some problems. That part always stuck with me because of that. Well, it will be interesting to revisit this film.

mtlfilmguy

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Tisseur
Oh fer God's sake!

I think we re missing that emoticon thats rolling on the floor laughing its head off.

I guess we can call this the Rashomon effect huh Bo ?

Although im afraid to know what your kid would make of this one.

I dig Blow-out also.And i havent seen it in a while too so maybe this week..

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks