What's new

Blood Simple (1 Viewer)

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
I just watched Blood Simple for the first time. Great movie...but is there any meaning to the shot at the end of the movie where the fat man is laying under the sink, and there is a lengthy shot of a droplet of water falling off of the pipes under the sink. Am I missing something, or should I have seen something under the sink?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
My interpretation is that the droplets are a visual metaphor for the life/blood that is seeping out of Loren ( M. Emmet Walsh ) particularly due to how it is synchronized with his last gasp and the cut to the credits.

- Walter.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Water slowly dripping on your head (or Visser's head in this case) is a form of torture. The fact that it is happening by chance makes it no less unpleasant. I don't agree that we see his "last gasp"....he is going to be watching those drops forming, and their weight finally overcoming surface tension, for some time 'til his life leaks away.

"Well Ma'm, when I see him, I'll be sure to tell him."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Coming up Thursday night on TMC. Would it be too much to hope they run the original version?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yet another missed opporfuckintunity.
Blood Simple (1985) [But not really] is being released, again, on DVD as a "Director's Cut".
September 16, 2008.
It seems to be the screwed up BS 2000 only without the goof commentary.

Someday, maybe even before I die, the original theatrical release will be available.

Claire Panke

Second Unit
I wish I could *remember* the original theatrical release cuz I saw Blood Simple in the theater when it came out.

Oh well.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Like In The Heat Of The Night, Cool Hand Luke, Bonnie & Clyde and Blade Runner; Blood Simple was a film I latched onto early, and went to see repeatedly.
Sadly, unlike the first 4 movies I just named, Blood Simple is not available as I learned to love it.

"Sweet Jesus, you are disgusting."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks