What's new

Blood Simple questions? **SPOILERS** (1 Viewer)

Mark Z

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched Blood Simple on cable the other night and have a couple of questions.
*SPOILERS FOLLOW*
1.) What was under the stringer of fish on the desk of the character Dan Hedaya played? During the movie, there are a couple of shots showing the stringer of fish with some kind of silver object under them. I had to take a phone call right before the scene where he gets shot. Did something happen then?
2.) The very last shot of the movie shows M. Emmet Walsh staring at a dripping drain pipe. Does this shot have any significance?
Thanks for all replies
Mark Z

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The metallic object under the fish is Loren's ( M. Emmet Walsh ) lighter. He forgets his lighter which ties him to the scene of the crime. Later, there is a scene where he is fumbling in his pocket for his lighter and realizes that it is missing. It has been some time since I viewed this film, but I believe this is what triggers his attack on Ray and Abby at the apartment.
My interpretation of the pipe scene is that the water dripping from the pipe represents the life ebbing out of Loren as he lies there on the floor dying. For me, the final drop / cut to black reinforces this concept.
- Walter.
[Edited last by Walter Kittel on August 30, 2001 at 10:04 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks