What's new

Blockbuster to end late fees in 2005 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the article above. The no late fees (IMHO) is a complete disaster. Our local blockbusters are wiped out of films that they have none of because people feel no need to return them.. and so new releases are gone almost instantly and come back in a few weeks, leaving them tapped. They may have 60 copies they purchased to rent, but have none available for weeks in a row.

I don't see how it can make money, and it really just infuriates customers who do return promptly.

I'll probably give up my movie pass soon, as I simply can't find any movies at any blockbuster I go to anymore.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My understanding is that you are charged a pre-viewed price only if there is pre-viewed pricing in effect for that specific title. Otherwise, you are charged retail price.

So if it's a brand new release and it's not yet offered as a pre-viewed selection, you will be charged full retail cost for DVD with no pretty box or other materials.

James T

Screenwriter
I don't think they ever censored movies themselves. THey have, however, chosen to go for the edited theatrical version over the unrated director's cut when given the option.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

thats exactly what happens.
i wonder how the "they censor movies" thing got started.

so far for all the dvds that have been "sold" to customers, every price i have seen has been a little over $19, that icludes 6% pa sales tax.
i'll take a look tonight to see what the exact price is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks