What's new

Blazing Saddles SE - Specs (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Although that review calls it a restoration, there is still no reference to how the picture quality compares to the existing dvd. I'm guessing these reviewers haven't seen the existing dvd. I'm still waiting for a review that says "improvement over the previous dvd" :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Although that review calls it a restoration, there is still no reference to how the picture quality compares to the existing dvd. I'm guessing these reviewers haven't seen the existing dvd. I'm still waiting for a review that says "improvement over the previous dvd" :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

There IS a commentary. It's the same one that was on the prior DVD - it runs about 55 minutes and ends during "I'm Tired". It's NOT running and/or screen-specific, no matter what IGN says - it's basically just a long interview/monolog that runs during the first 2/3rds of the movie...

BarryS

Second Unit
I assume this is going to be a new transfer. I have the old DVD and would only buy the new one if the transfer were updated. The extras are enticing, too. I hope that the additional scenes are the ones often inserted into TV versions of the film (Gov. LePetomane chatting with the phony townspeople, etc).

BarryS

Second Unit
I assume this is going to be a new transfer. I have the old DVD and would only buy the new one if the transfer were updated. The extras are enticing, too. I hope that the additional scenes are the ones often inserted into TV versions of the film (Gov. LePetomane chatting with the phony townspeople, etc).

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

That would be yes. The video transfer is a revelation compared to the previous release, the remixed audio sounds pretty good, and although it may not have the greatest selection of extras what's there is still worth sitting through. It even comes in a keepcase, which surprised me after the snapper treatment that the Police Academy SE got. And I would put in some of my favourite quotes from the film, but I'd probably get chucked off the forum!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Excellent review Jason - although I have to say, IMHO, The Producers surely ranks as a great film also. And Blazing Saddles is a very very good film.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just watched this last night. I haven't watched the old disc on my new TV, but this transfer looked great to me. For a 30 year old film I don't know how much better it could have been. The "bean scene" did have less surround effects than I was expecting based on the above quote.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
None of WB's recent snapper releases (Spartan, Name Of The Rose, Balzing Saddles, etc.) have inserts. When you think about it, WB has never had much reason to make inserts for keep cases, since almost all their releases were either snappers or digipacks. Seems like the only WB keep case releases that did get inserts are 2-disc sets like the Matrix sequels, and Last Samurai (I believe).

I have a feeling most will gladly take the keep case sans insert in favor of a snapper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks