What's new

Blake Edwards on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Mark Cappelletty said:
For a company that has relied on franchises like THE PINK PANTHER to keep them afloat (including the beating-a-dead-horse remake and its sequel), MGM sure has dropped the ball on this one. I would pay dearly for a full Pink Panther Blu-Ray box set.

MGM isn't really doing DVD releases anymore-everything's been farmed out to Kino Lorber and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. And most of the care's being lavished on newer movies like Skyfall, The Hobbit and the new Carrie when they come out on Blu-Ray.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Received an e-mail yesterday from Warner that the unjustly-criticized Darling Lili has been released as an MOD. Another Julie Andrews film to be ignored on Blu!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The MOD as was the original Paramount DVD...is Edwards "cut" version.( 107 minutes) Many songs and sequences have been removed. If you watch "lili" streaming it is the full original uncut version. ( 143 minutes).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Once again, a time when seamless branching could have been used but wasn't.

Ken Koc said:
The MOD as was the original Paramount DVD...is Edwards "cut" version.( 107 minutes) Many songs and sequences have been removed. If you watch "lili" streaming it is the full original uncut version. ( 143 minutes).

Which streaming services have this?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm glad someone bumped this thread. I was going to find a place to gripe that only one of the Pink Panther films has ever been out on blu-ray. I mean, seriously. The first movie came out years ago, is out of print, costs a fortune on amazon.com and is a title I've actually NEVER seen in a store! Not once. Not Best Buy, not Fry's, not even Walmart.

The classic "A Shot in the Dark" is not on blu-ray. I can't understand why, because I have yet to meet a single human being who does not like that movie. I can only hope that Kino has a plan up their sleeves for the PP catalog titles, and they've been doing such a good job with the rest of the Peter Sellers oeuvre. My collection is getting nicely padded with their efforts these days.

And another thing to complain about--No Victor/Victoria on blu-ray? Really? Likely the classiest and most popular musical of the 80s and no blu? Now this was another MGM...so is Kino looking into those catalog titles, or does Warners own it right now? Whoever owns it, they need to get it out there.

Okay, I'm done ranting! Now to sit here and hope for a few more Blake Edwards titles between now and the end of time...

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Warners released "Victor/Victoria" to DVD, so I assume that they are still controlling the title, especially since their DVD has now been moved to the MOD Archives side of the operation.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ethan Riley said:
I'm glad someone bumped this thread. I was going to find a place to gripe that only one of the Pink Panther films has ever been out on blu-ray. I mean, seriously. The first movie came out years ago, is out of print, costs a fortune on amazon.com and is a title I've actually NEVER seen in a store! Not once. Not Best Buy, not Fry's, not even Walmart.

The classic "A Shot in the Dark" is not on blu-ray. I can't understand why, because I have yet to meet a single human being who does not like that movie. I can only hope that Kino has a plan up their sleeves for the PP catalog titles, and they've been doing such a good job with the rest of the Peter Sellers oeuvre. My collection is getting nicely padded with their efforts these days.

And another thing to complain about--No Victor/Victoria on blu-ray? Really? Likely the classiest and most popular musical of the 80s and no blu? Now this was another MGM...so is Kino looking into those catalog titles, or does Warners own it right now? Whoever owns it, they need to get it out there.

Okay, I'm done ranting! Now to sit here and hope for a few more Blake Edwards titles between now and the end of time...
My understanding is that a lavish box set of everything PP will be turning up in a year or so to conjoin with the theatrical release of the animated feature. I scratch my head at why they waited all this time to release what would most assuredly be a big-selling Blu-ray set, as this new incarnation apparently doesn't focus on Clouseau at all, but rather the Friz Freleng-created cartoon character. Just the title, I guess. Name recognition. Anniversary editions. Tie-in marketing. Idiot consumers. The bane of movie collectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks