What's new

Blair Witch (formerly The Woods) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
blairwitchposter.jpg

At Comic-Con, Lionsgate revealed that its secret horror project "The Woods", which was shot back in spring 2015, is actually a third Blair Witch project:

A return to the found-footage format of the original, it follows James (the younger brother of Heather from the original film) as the footage that constituted that film is discovered and leads him and his friends back into the Maryland woods.

My first thought is that it apes the aesthetic of the original, but cranks things up significantly with a lot of Conjuring-esque scares. I always thought that one of the crucial strengths of the original film is its understanding that less is more; until the ambiguous final scene in the basement of that ruined house, nothing occurred that couldn't have had a plausible real world explanation. This trailer makes it pretty clear that supernatural forces are at work.

I am intrigued by the idea that:
Heather from the original film is not dead but has instead assumed the mantle of the Blair Witch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks