What's new

Blade (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Mostly a standalone episode. Still pretty good, although the way Blade killed the White Prince was a little lame. Unfortunately, the fights also showed that Blade's buddy is a much better fighter than Blade is. Just a thought, but they may want to allow Blade to dump the leather coat for fights. Between that and all the extra weaponry that they added to his gear, he can't move around very well. Even Wesley dropped some of that stuff for the fights in the movies.

Krista on detox was kinda interesting.

Nice little twist with the bartender being the familiar.

Obligatory scene showing young women expressing their first amendment rights by using contemporary dance in a windowless establishment.

I thought Charlotte (the child vamp) might have been too willing to trust Chase so soon. Should have been more work.

Overall, ok episode. Felt the most 'tv' so far, whereas some of the others had a more 'movie' feel to them.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
there haven't been any eps that make me feel like this is anything but a guilty pleasure. we saw from the 1st 2 blade movies that there is a lot of possibilities with the character.. unfortunately goyer alone ruins it. he can't be left by himself. when he works with nolan on batman, it sorta' works. with blade1&2, he worked with 2 good directors. but left to his own... you get blade trinity... and this show. argh. so much potential like many TV shows.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, guilty pleasure or not, I am still watching. I find myself looking forward to Wed nights.

It is definitly not a perfect show, but it at least is giving me a sci-fi / horror fix for the week.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It is an addiction. LOL

Since the mainstream networks keep canceling all the Sci-Fi shows. I am having a supply shortage.

We have to rely on the second tier networks to provide our fix. :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so what'd people think of the season finale? it was fairly interesting considering how ho-hum the season began.

i didn't like the ending of the last ep though... you know that in the beginning of the next season, he will just mention that the person+phone call traced to blade is just the fbi agent guy. krista will keep on trucking as the inside informant. not much of a cliffhanger. heh heh heh.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Did I miss something? I thought he specifically said, "how long have you been working for Blade, Krista?" Then it went to end credits.

Decent series and I look forward to season 2. I thought the fights in the last episode were probably some of the best. During the big sword fight, they even had some great cinematic worthy camera moves. Sticky is still the weaklink but I'm getting used to him.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yes he did. but he was trying to test her. and she'll feign not knowing... and then he'll exposit that it was just the FBI agent. that's all =). i don't think the TV series takes that much risk. re: fights... with wire-fu of the last few years in film... this is fairly weak fight through s1. and yesh i expect them to spend some $ on that (at least some training) because blade fought to well in the films, it's just such a downgrade now. w/wesley i can believe he could move as fast as he did with all that heavy stuff he wears. this guy? it looks like he's taking a lot of energy just throwing a punch or two. imho they should take some gear off of his arsenal or at least use it up to make it believable.

am i expecting 2much? nah. lots of wuxia (like crouching tiger or hero, etc.) exists on TV and they were on a shoestring budget as well but the choreography of the sword fights were good because the two actors act like they're gonna kill each other. with this... they were just kids playing around w/plastic swords. fights are usually the weakest link on TV in general.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I liked the season finale and the whole season in general. It started slow but picked up steam.

One thing that confused me was that I was under the impression that all the pure-bloods in that meeting were "it". But apparently there are more?

Oh yeah, and Sticky fingaz's lazy eye was a bit annoying during the Blade-Marcus fight. :D

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Hopefully a dvd release isn't far behind (I heard that'll be uncut with more gore and violence)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Why did Krista assume that Chase was dead? I mean, if the fall would have killed her, she would have been seen going up in flames. Instead, they just showed her laying on the ground, down at the bottom. That fall wouldnt kill a vamp would it? I mean, she survived an explosion after all.

She should have gone down there and made sure!!!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That's called "a big-ass plot hole". I was very annoyed by it but I guess the writers were not ready to get rid of the Chase character yet.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the DVD will contain more sex and violence, lol =). that's how it's been able to retain an audience.... and i admit, i stayed for the sex+violence =).

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Canceled, goddammit. :frowning:

Granted, it is still just a rumor one of the actresses seemed to spread, but those ones usually turn out to be true. (aintitcoolnews.com was the messenger)

It's really not fun anymore to like a TV show. If those (very early) stories about the possible cancelation of Lost turn out to be true, also, I'm done with this. My Carnivale-wounds are still bleeding.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thats a surprise. I thought it was doing great in the ratings. (for Spike tv that is)

I can't imagine that Spike had better ratings on anything else they show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks