BLADE RUNNER - current DVD now officially DISCONTINUED. Could this be good news?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

I realise there is a Blade Runner thread but I thought this was worthy of it's own subject just so people can see it, if it gets murged later then people can at least discuss it in that thread.

From what I've seen in the past, an announcement of a new Special Edition usually follows a month or 2 after the original is discontinued.

2. AlexCremers

AlexCremers Second Unit

It's rumored to be a better quality version of the so-called 'Director's Cut', plus a docu as special feature. Not really a reason to pop the cork, I'd say.

3. Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor Stunt Coordinator

It could still take a while. Bond was discontinued in 2003 and we aren't supposed to get a new release till 3 years after it was discontinued. It's good news but I wouldnt get excited just yet.

4. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    No offence Johnny but we've been through all this on the main thread. The DVDs been discontinued for nearly a year now, according to some sources. The date rumoured now is 2007 for a special edition of the Director's Cut only ; the source is Ridley Scott himself.

Sorry but I just don't think I can bear having TWO threads reappearing and feeling that faint golden-ticket excitement when they do, and opening it only to find . . . disappointment.

I respectfully suggest we kill this thread now.[​IMG]

5. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

I can just see the administrator's comments..."the thread is pronounced closed".

6. GregW

GregW Auditioning

Or perhaps it should read..."retired."

7. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

...discontinued? [​IMG]