What's new

Blade 2 (1 Viewer)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Great sound, great picture but lousy film. Nothing knew, all done before. Can't fault the production design and photography, but lousy action film. What's with the editing? Can't we enjoy the action for 5 seconds on one camera anymore???????

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching my copy about 5mins ago. Although it was released in Australian cinemas a month ago, I wanted to watch this again - I enjoyed it just as much. Blade II is probably the most fun i've had watching a film this year. The DVD is technically awesome, nothing to add that other people haven't touched upon. The transfer and dts are some of the best i've senn/heard.
I watched a little bit of the extras this morning, I must say Guillermo del Toro is someone who emits so much positive energy that it is an absolute delight to listen to him. I only got to listen to about 15mins of commentary but i'll be listening to the whole lot tommorow.
I just loved the Deleted Scene intro from Guillermo. :)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Guillermo's deleted scene intro is indeed a hoot - as is the very last deleted scene on the disc. Better keep those kleenex handy...

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
The DTS-ES on this puppy is fantastic. If you focus on it, you will find sounds coming through you then behind you, and leaving out the side. A lot of cool rear/side/circular effects.

What's funny is it becomes immersive, to the point that you really have to focus on how well they did with the inclusion of the 6th track.

Note to 5.1 owners... you won't be let down either!

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Awesome ass movie. Entertaining as a "mug."

Question: Was the symbol the lawyer had and many other places a symbol of humans that were bad?

Question: If the old man shot himself in Blade, how did the vampires get to him, and the old man is obviously is still alive? (Been years since watching Blade)

Question: Since the son was a failure, does that mean he could be stabbed in the heart, or could any new breed be killed by being stabbed in the heart.

Question: Was Scud the guy in "KIDS" and Next Friday? Sure as hell sounded the same.

Comment: In the very beginning when Blade is chasing the schmucks, right after the guy is above him and jumps down and Blade is "swishshshshsswooshhin" his little blades he turns around and jumps off the wall, but doesn't jump. It's this out of place little shaftly jump. What the hell was that all about, looked like a rehearsal bit or some shite?

-Bert

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
For the record, the Reapers were not Xenomorphs :) Xeno means "Alien" or "outsider", they were still terrestrial based lifeforms

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I rented this from Netflix this week and watched it last night. I liked it so much I went out and bought the dvd today. Typical great work from New Line on the image and sound, and while I think I'm in the minority I thought it was a much better movie than the first Blade, largely for a couple of reasons: the villains in Blade 2 are much more entertaining than the utterly painful Stephen Dorff (Donal Logue was hugely annoying, too), and there are no embarrassing scenes involving sunblock in Blade 2. It's like Del Toro took everything that pissed me off about the first movie and just ditched it all. Way to go! :emoji_thumbsup:

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
I had a couple of problems with it. First of it didnt fell like it was in the real world anymore. This one was 100% nation centered. Secondly, the fights incorporated too much CG into them, taking most of the credibility away from the actual fights. And finally the villians werent nearly as good as Deacon or Quinn.

The new look to killing the vampires was good and Wesley,and Kris played their parts as good as they did in the first.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The reapers to me were representative of the Xenomorphs in Aliens when I was making my comparison. The term Xenomorph was actually used in Aliens when they were given their briefing before the dropship.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've gotta say, I liked it a lot more on DVD than I did at theaters. Still not as good as the first, IMO, mainly because it felt like a different film...but I'm sure you can chalk that up to having a different director. Overall though, I liked it.

rodney wiley

Second Unit
:D :D :D I got my copy yesterday:D :D :D One word AWESOME OK, two words AWESOME AWESOME. I plan on watching again Saturday night with the family and a big bowl of popcorn!!

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Watched a small portion of this. Kind of dissappointing thus far. I did not like the young guy who took whistlers place (that whole interaction seemed forced), the CGI fight scenes looked shitty and 1:85 is the wrong aspect ratio for this film (just my opinion of course).

Chad

Esten

Supporting Actor
Blade 2 had some flahback scenes from Blade in the film,if i remember right.How are they on the DVD? are they cropped to 1.85?

Andre F

Screenwriter
Maybe it was all the hype but I was underwhelmed. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I expected more from the movie. The disc looked great but I expected more from the DTS track.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I saw this movie at the theater and had to have the dvd. Great disk-did not dissapoint. The DTS track is simply one of the best with a very active LFE and rear surrounds. The video was outstanding, can't beat it for $16.99. I now have another great show-off-the-ht disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks